Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Forward from one Template to Another

Level 4

Following is the Template Code 

<% ...

// based on the condition I am trying to forward to another "Page"

// I tried the following sling forward: 

<sling:forward path="/content/a/b" />

%>

I see the content of the page   "/content/a/b" (included in the forward) . But CSS / JS is all broken on the page. 

Is there a recommended way to forward the request to another Template ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

ptK wrote...

<% ...

%>

I see the content of the page   "/content/a/b" (included in the forward) . But CSS / JS is all broken on the page. 

I had to find a workaround for my code : 

SOLUTION : 

I had to intercept the request before it start executing the request and then use <sling:forward> 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

what do you mean with "CSS and JS are broken"?

kind regards,
Jörg

Correct answer by
Level 4

ptK wrote...

<% ...

%>

I had to find a workaround for my code : 

SOLUTION : 

I had to intercept the request before it start executing the request and then use <sling:forward> 

Level 10

Can you please explain in more detail why you want to forward a template. Do you mean you want to change the template on which a page is based during run-time? 

Level 4

Jörg Hoh wrote...

Hi,

what do you mean with "CSS and JS are broken"?

kind regards,
Jörg

I dont see any JS / CSS that is declared at the header is getting loaded. 

Level 4

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Can you please explain in more detail why you want to forward a template. Do you mean you want to change the template on which a page is based during run-time? 

On Template 1 (content.jsp)  I want to check if "PageA" exists on the content tree path ::  "/content/mysite/en_us/PageA"

I am using Resource  Resolver to check if Page exists , if exists I want to Forward the request to the Page Resource from JSP. 

I tried couple of options from https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/sling-scripting-jsp-taglib.html about sling:forward .

My Template Structure is : 

Template 1

|--- content.jsp  // Wrote a logic here to FWD the request to existing resource and not execute any script on the JSP.

Reason I am doing this is , I want the URL to be the same but want to include the content (Could not include sling:include as page will be loaded with double header and footer)  Both templates are different

Level 4

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Have you tried using this API to forward requests to another page:

https://sling.apache.org/apidocs/sling5/org/apache/sling/api/scripting/SlingScriptHelper.html

Yes I tried the Request Dispatcher and it did not work. However I see illigal state exception on logs. (Seems like Response is committed) 

Still wondering if there is still a way to achieve this ?