Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Form Option Datasource error in getItems()

Level 1

Hi all,

I'm writing sling model with exporter framework to print JSON formatted output.

While rest all components work fine, there is some issue with form option component extended from core/wcm/components/form/options/v2/options.

I can get the output in Items when using the component with local and list.

But whenever using Datasource with correct datasource value then t throws following error:

Failed to include the datasource at weretail/components/form/options/datasource/countriesdatasource
org.apache.sling.api.request.RecursionTooDeepException

However same datasource works with normal rendering: http://localhost:4502/content/we-retail/us/en/user/checkout.html?wcmmode=disabled

Current code is as shown below, here superSelf.getItems() returns empty in case of datasource while in other case it works fine:

@Override
public List<OptionItem> getItems() {
return superSelf.getItems();
}

Any help in this would be a great relief.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @chandeshj240320,

Can you confirm if you are overriding the options component dialog as well or just the custom implementation for Options Interface. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @chandeshj240320,

Can you confirm if you are overriding the options component dialog as well or just the custom implementation for Options Interface. 

Level 1
It's just overriding or you can say extension of option component, the only difference is instead of printing authored value I am exporting it to Json. However, with data source this.getItems() is empty.

Community Advisor

Hi @chandeshj240320,

Sorry for the delayed response, I missed this thread. 

Try creating sample datasource within your project code base and try using the same in Options component. 

Also, could you please let know the below

• Parent class that you are using(superSelf in your snippet)
  • Need for custom implementation for Options component. (all OOTB core component exposes data in JSON format using Sling Model Exporter)