Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

filevault(vlt) equivalent in aem cloud

Level 5

I want to export (get) content xmls of nodes under one path and have them downloaded to a local folder , with vlt I would have done something like --

vlt --credentials my-creds-username:password export http://author-xxxxx-xxxxx.adobeaemcloud.com/crx /conf/global/settings/dam/cfm/models myproject

is this possible with AEM cloud instances?

background :- I want to automate few things like movement of models from one env to another hence trying this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Of course this flow will work. Rebuild the package, download it, unzip it and commit to git. Then invoke the next script, which re-creates the package and uploads and installs it somewhere else.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

try using curl for build a package, download and install

Arun Patidar

Level 5

that could have been option if I wanted to only download and install ....I also want to commit those nodes(content.xml) to a repo...thats why want to get content xmls and not package.

Employee Advisor

Have you ever unzipped a content package file? It contains the xml files.

Level 5

@Jörg_Hoh thanks for taking time to respond.

Yes i am aware that package will have the xml , but would that be helpful when this is done by possibly a script?

flow would be something like ---

1. When the script runs, it will go to AEM , get the xml export (in case of vlt) ...commit that into a repository .

2. another script takes xmls from same repo and builds a package and uploads to another AEM server.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Of course this flow will work. Rebuild the package, download it, unzip it and commit to git. Then invoke the next script, which re-creates the package and uploads and installs it somewhere else.