Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

fetching current date and time on the order history page with respective of the country selected on the configuration page.

Level 1

Hi team,

1.Create Component that has dropdown of all countries.

2. If we select one of the country from the dropdown then that country's current date and time should reflect on the configuration page.

jyotis64274550_0-1583997389463.png

3. When we place an order then after order gets placed the current date and time should be of the same country which we configured on the configuration page.

jyotis64274550_1-1583997558936.png

Issue is: on the order history page it is reflecting Indian current date and time by default but i want this date and time should be of Israel country as i have selected this country in my configuration page. 

Can anybody please help me to resolve this ? Please share some articles if you have 

Thanks 

Jyoti S

1 Reply

Employee Advisor

First of all, I don't think that this is a AEM-specific question.

Next, there are many countries which span more than 1 timezone, thus there is no "country specific time" (probably easiest example: The US spans over 4 timezones). You need to provide a timezone to format the date/time correctly.

Now you need to decide how you map country and timezone in this specific business context.

regards,

Jörg