Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Extending Components

Level 2

Hello everyone,

I am extending an existing component using sling:resourceSuperType, however when I look at the options of the component in the website they are different from the original component, Could anyone help me solve this? 

ExtensionExtensionOriginal ComponentOriginal Component

How do I get this option in the extended version?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @christianm9916 

Kindly check the inheritance hierarchy. The component must be inheriting the properties from some other component. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

This is probably because you overlay component has it's own Touch UI configuration. What's in the component's folder that has the property of sling:resourceSuperType?

Level 2

Hi thank you so much for helping me. That component's folder has the _cq_dialog folder, the _cq_editConfig.xml and the content.xml. The weird thing is that I also tried just copying the entire folder and the option still does not come up, and I tried in someone else's local instance and it came up...

Community Advisor

Hi @christianm9916 

Go to the extended component and check the cq:editConfig node. This node has cq:actions property which defines the actions that a component can do.

ksh_ingole7_0-1663041165730.png

Set it similar to the component you are trying to extend. 

In you case, I think the editConfig of extended component are overriding.

Thanks

Level 2

Hi, thank you so much for trying to help me. I checked in both of the components and neither one have the cq:actions property in the cq:editConfig node...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @christianm9916 

Kindly check the inheritance hierarchy. The component must be inheriting the properties from some other component. 

Thanks