Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM custom recommendations

Level 2

Anyone has implemented custom recommendation based on tags or clicks of any component.

Like If there article pages , what to show some recommended article based on the user clicks or interest.

We have adobe target but not looking for target as source, wanted to build in-house recommendations .

Any suggestions, much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Tulasi.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would suggest following option

1. Create a sling servlet which accepts clicked tags IDs as parameters or suffix parameters and return the list of related links as JSON response. You can write the logic of identifying the related links based on tags clicked by the user in servlet.

Servlet output can be cached in dispatcher. 

2. Make the XHR call(Servlet) for the clicked tags from the component and retrieve the JSON response and populate the div with list of links

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would suggest following option

1. Create a sling servlet which accepts clicked tags IDs as parameters or suffix parameters and return the list of related links as JSON response. You can write the logic of identifying the related links based on tags clicked by the user in servlet.

Servlet output can be cached in dispatcher. 

2. Make the XHR call(Servlet) for the clicked tags from the component and retrieve the JSON response and populate the div with list of links

Thanks a lot for the response. I was not sure how to record all the clicks and generate the data on basis  of the clicks. But your response helps me to move the needle.

Thanks again!!

Thanks,

Tulasi.

Administrator

@Saravanan_Dharmaraj 

Greate reply. Good to have AEM SME like you in the Community. Looking forward to more contributions from your side.

Kautuk Sahni