Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Extend default oak index or create custom one?

Level 3

Hi @ll

I need to adjust the config of the cqPageLucene index. In detail, I need to extend the path depth, where PageContent gets indexed. To achieve this, it's possible to add a node under /oak:index/cqPageLucene/aggregates/cq:PageContent/include4 with path=*/*/*/*/*.

What is your best practice in this case? Do you extend the out of the box cqPageLucene index or do you create a custom index with the same definition as the cqPageLucene index and the customization?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Reto

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Please don't create a second index for a nodetype already covered by an ootb index. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I know from trusted sources that it can cause issues. There query engine somethings struggles, might choose the wrong index and then return wrong results.

(Yes, it might cause some work with product updates, but that's typically easy to spot...)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

For Customizations, always create new indexes as OOTB indexes might be updated when installing a CFP/SP or during the upgrade and you might lose the custom changes.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Please don't create a second index for a nodetype already covered by an ootb index. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I know from trusted sources that it can cause issues. There query engine somethings struggles, might choose the wrong index and then return wrong results.

(Yes, it might cause some work with product updates, but that's typically easy to spot...)

Level 3

That was my intention as well, thanks a lot Joerg for confirmation!

It would be great if such a case would be documented here Best Practices for Queries and Indexing.

Employee Advisor

Can you raise a Daycare ticket for this? Yes, it should be documented.