Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Error while dispatching observation events

Level 3

I am on AEM 6.5 non-cloud and I am seeing this error very frequently, I checked each and every place where I am creating resource resolver, I am closing it too and I am not closing any resource resolver that I am not creating for example one through request or session, this isnt causing any functional issues but i dont want to suppress this either.

4/22/24
4:45:09.901 PM

22.04.2024 16:45:09.901 *WARN* [sling-oak-observation-5] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.observation.ChangeProcessor Error while dispatching observation events for //*[11111b]@org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.JcrResourceListener java.lang.IllegalStateException: Resource resolver is already closed. at org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.ResourceResolverImpl.checkClosed(ResourceResolverImpl.java:196) [org.apache.sling.resourceresolver:1.7.10] at org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.ResourceResolverImpl.getResource(ResourceResolverImpl.java:447) [org.apache.sling.resourceresolver:1.7.10] at org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.mapping.MapEntries.addResource(MapEntries.java:258) [org.apache.sling.resourceresolver:1.7.10] at org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.mapping.MapEntries.onChange(MapEntries.java:736) [org.apache.sling.resourceresolver:1.7.10] at org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.observation.BasicObservationReporter.reportChanges(BasicObservationReporter.java:211) [org.apache.sling.resourceresolver:1.7.10] at org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.JcrResourceListener.onEvent(JcrResourceListener.java:155) [org.apache.sling.jcr.resource:3.0.18] at org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.observation.ListenerTracker$1.onEvent(ListenerTracker.java:190) [org.apache.jackrabbit.jackrabbit-jcr-commons:2.20.4] at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.observation.ChangeProcessor.contentChanged(ChangeProcessor.java:513) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-jcr:1.22.13] at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.observation.FilteringDispatcher.contentChanged(FilteringDispatcher.java:52) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-core:1.22.13] at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.commit.BackgroundObserver$1$1.call(BackgroundObserver.java:127) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-store-spi:1.22.13] at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.commit.BackgroundObserver$1$1.call(BackgroundObserver.java:121) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-store-spi:1.22.13] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you register an observation listener using a JCR session, you must not close that session until the listener is unregistered.

This is the only exception where a long-running JCR session is even required. And you don't need to worry about refreshs and such, as in that case the JCR does all the magic behind the scenes. So opening a JCR session and registering an observation listener in the activate() and closing the session in deactivaite() is perfectly good.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

You can ignore this message; it's not an error but a warning. Since it's a warning, it means that the application expected this behavior to occur. You can check this thread to see how to stop printing this message if needed: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/error-while-dispatching-ob... 

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you register an observation listener using a JCR session, you must not close that session until the listener is unregistered.

This is the only exception where a long-running JCR session is even required. And you don't need to worry about refreshs and such, as in that case the JCR does all the magic behind the scenes. So opening a JCR session and registering an observation listener in the activate() and closing the session in deactivaite() is perfectly good.