Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Error on quickstart AEM 6.4

Level 1

hi,

I installed AEM 6.4 locally and have been running it fine for the past few days.
After a machine restart and trying to rerun the jar files on my Mac I get the following errors on http://localhost:4502/aem/start.html, as well as on http://localhost:4503/sites.html/content

"libs/granite/ui/components/shell/header/user/User has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

Cannot serve request to /aem/start.html in /libs/granite/ui/components/shell/header/user/user.html"

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 13.11.57.png

can anyone help me with this issue?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

You have compiled with a different JDK version and are running with a different JRE version . 

- Create a new folder and copy the AEM's quickstart.jar file and run it. Now compilation and execution will be done via same versions . 

Hope this helped !

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Did you updated Java version to 9? Could you please check? AEM runs on Java 8.

I think Version 52.0 is Java 8 and 53.0 is Java 9.

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. It appears as if i'm still on Java 8 (see image below).

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 15.42.34.png

Level 2

I am also facing the same issue when i try to run AEM in debug mode using the below parameters:

java -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx1024M -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n -jar aem-6.5-p4502.jar.jar

Note: While running in normal mode , we dont see any such issues.

Level 2

Hi MartinKSA,

I faced the same problem. Here is what I did:

Started AEM instance with JDK11

Changed the JAVA_HOME to JDK8

After this the same error popped up. So I changed the JAVA_HOME back to JDK11 and it worked.

Take a look whether have you done the same thing.

Thanks 

Level 2

I was experiencing this same problem when trying to use the debugger mode of AEM. To fix it I executed the following commands:

cd <DIRECTORY_IN_WHICH_YOU_HAVE_YOUR_QUICKSTAR.JAR>

"<DIRECTORY_IN_WHICH_YOU_HAVE_YOUR_DESIRED_JRE>\bin\java" -jar <DIRECTORY_IN_WHICH_YOU_HAVE_YOUR_QUICKSTAR.JAR>\AEM_6.5_Quickstart.jar -debug <PORT>

Correct answer by
Level 1

You have compiled with a different JDK version and are running with a different JRE version . 

- Create a new folder and copy the AEM's quickstart.jar file and run it. Now compilation and execution will be done via same versions . 

Hope this helped !

Community Advisor

For anyone looking for a solution ,

Problem (Root Cause) :- the below error means that you ran the jar first with a higher version of Java and now you are running it with a lower version. 

Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

In my case I ran the jar first with Java 11 , but my cmd picked Java 8 nowadays and I ended up with this exact error . 

Solution :- 

1. Stop your AEM Jar 
  2. Remove your lower Java version and upgrade the Java Version to the latest one
  3. Re-run the jar and refresh the page
  4. Ta-da

Hope this works 

Veena ✌

Employee Advisor

I had the same problem. When I start my AEM as a Windows service, I was getting the above-mentioned error. . I had the change the Jvm entry in the registry for the key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\aem6520\Parameters\Java

aem6520 is the name of my windows service

workflowuser_0-1710955132571.png