Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error occuring every time after page load

Level 4

After upgrading project to 6.2, we always are running in to this error in the logs. Some of the pages function properly even with this error. Some of them will not load or show dialogs properly.

Error:

libs.wcm.foundation.components.page.author$html 'categories' option might be missing from the invocation of the /libs/granite/sightly/templates/clientlib.htmlclient libraries template library. Please provide a CSV list or an array of categories to include.

Anyone noticed this error or resolved this?

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This looks like a bug -- please open a ticket so Eng can fix this.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Looks like a clientlibs issue. Are you using a clientlibs in the page or other component no longer available?

Level 1

I ran into the same issue and I found a workaround to avoid the error. Copy the author.html script from "/libs/wcm/foundation/components/page" (I'm assuming your page inherits from sightly base page) and modify line 20:

<sly data-sly-test="${wcmInit.templateCategories}" data-sly-call="${clientLib.css @ categories=wcmInit.templateCategories}" />

This fix stops raising the error, but not fixes it, because the error happens due to an issue in:

/libs/granite/sightly/templates/ClientLibUseObject.java

I hope this could helps.

Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. So you think this is a OOTB issue? Did you opened a ticket with adobe?

Level 1

Yes I think it's an OOTB issue, but I didn't open a ticket with Adobe.

Correct answer by
Level 10

This looks like a bug -- please open a ticket so Eng can fix this.

Level 1

Hi,

I am seeing too many occurrences of this error in logs with no certain impact on any functionality. Is this issue fixed ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Employee Advisor

From what I see this issue has been fixed with AEM 6.3.

But the workaround suggested by Nestor looks ok. You might want to overlay the author.html and the footerlibs.html as well (there the same construct is used).