Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Integrating Print Workflow with Adobe Experience Manager/DAM

Level 1

Hi,

Our digital team is working on implementing Adobe Experience Manager/DAM into their workflow. My manager has asked me to figure out how our team, which deals with traditional print media, can utilize the same platform. We use a different system for our proofing workflow and it's not an option to alter that so I am unsure what other elements of AEM would translate for print. All of the information I am seeing is strictly for digital workflows. Can a print workflow be integrated in AEM? Do you have any documentation on that? Other than potentially using the DAM to share assets I'm not clear on how else our group could utilize AEM. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You are correct - the AEM DAM offers no real functionality for teams working with ink and paper as opposed to files that are images, videos, etc.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

THe AEM DAM stores digital assets like images and video. Are you referring to a standard print and fill form for example?

Level 1

No. I am literally talking about integrating print designers who do ink on paper design, not digital, into an AEM/DAM workflow that our digital counterparts are adopting. From everything that I have read I don't think that's what this system is for but I'm trying to get some solid information to take back to management to advise them.

Correct answer by
Level 10

You are correct - the AEM DAM offers no real functionality for teams working with ink and paper as opposed to files that are images, videos, etc.

Level 1

Thank you for the confirmation. That is what I thought.

Employee Advisor

Well, if the result is afterwards digitized/scanned, then you can use AEM DAM :-)