Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

During Deployment Node Renamed from dam:Asset to dam0:Asset

Avatar

Level 1

Hello,

 

I am trying to use the Ensure Oak Index tool to create a new index.  I created the new index from the index suggested by Oak Index Definition Generator.  In the generated index, one of the JCR Nodes is named dam:Asset  

 

Following the instructions for Ensure Oak Index, I am trying to deploy the index as code as a part of my build pipeline.  Whenever I build the project, the node in my index is renamed from dam:Asset to dam0:Asset   Can anyone tell me why?  How can I deploy my index code via pipeline if I am not allowed to use that node name.  The index does not work if the node is not named dam:Asset.  On the right is the source .content.xml for my index.  And on the left is what is being changed after during the package install.  The built package is correct.

 

sxmalone_0-1678132344979.png

 

 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Avatar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sxmalone,

 

Please check below points:

 

ChitraMadan_0-1678312926382.png

 

Reference article - http://www.6dglobal.com/blog/oak-index-packages-2015-03-09

 

 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Avatar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sxmalone,

 

Please check below points:

 

ChitraMadan_0-1678312926382.png

 

Reference article - http://www.6dglobal.com/blog/oak-index-packages-2015-03-09

 

 

Avatar

Level 1

Thank you for the suggestion.  It was not quite the right answer, but it did point me in the right direction.  The problem and solution was the jcr:root node of my index:

<jcr:root xmlns:oak="http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/ns/1.0"
              xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
              xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0"
              xmlns:dam="http://www.day.com/dam/1.0"

.....

</jcr:root>

 

There was another object in our code repo that also was declaring a namespace for dam objects that used a different path  "xmls:dam="https://www.jsp.org/jcr/dam/1.0"  Once I made these two namespace declarations match, the system stopped renaming "dam:Asset" to "dam0:Asset".