Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dropdown list doesn't update

Level 3

Hi Community,

I have following setup:

• an AEM Form with a dropdown
  • the dropdown items are loaded from an "Items load path"
  • the datasource in the items load path uses an OSGI service 
  • the form is used within a common AEM content page

The problem:

• I changed the configuration in the OSGI service
  • the datasource actually delivers (seen while debugging) the correct new configured items
  • the dropdown within the form at the page has the old configured items setup

It seems that the items where cached anywhere in the AEM Forms logic, because when I restart the bundle "com.adobe.aemds.guide.aemds-guide-core", the new items where loaded. 

How can I prevent the caching of the items?

Setup tested on Publisher AEM 6.5. SP 9

Thanks for helping me!

Andrea

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@ajur .

Adaptive forms usually caches the HTML content/ structure of an adaptive form but not the data.

Although we recommend that the adaptive forms cache is disabled, while developing custom components on the development server so you can set the value "Number of Adaptive Forms" to 0 (default 100) of Adaptive Form and Interactive Communication Web Channel Configuration[0] in the configMgr.

Hope this helps.

[0] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/forms/install-aem-forms/configure-aem-... 

Level 3

Hi @Pulkit_Jain_,

yes, your hint with the "disabling of the cache" (means, if I type in 0 for the value) works. But you said to do that only on the development server. But I don't think I should do that on the production environment. But then I would still have the problem there.

Andrea

Employee Advisor

@ajur 

Usually production deployment is not a iterative process so we recommend this change for development set-up only. 

Level 3

@Pulkit_Jain_ 

Yes, but it must be possible - also on production - to store a new configuration so that the items of the dropdown change accordingly without having to restart a bundle manually.

Employee Advisor

@ajurAlthough its suggested that you disable the cache on development set-up for known reasons but you can follow the same for production set-up as well.