Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Download assets or folders directly from DAM

Level 4

Hi,

we have a requirement to download the full folder of the images to my local system, we can't achieve it by using package manager, as the package will contain all the context xml files and the images and pdf's are stored as renditions, which will not give the exact folder structure as well.

as shown in the below screenshots, if we select the folder using touch UI and click on download, it will download the images in a zip file with the folder hierarchy as in like a windows explorer, can we use any CURL command to directly trigger this kind of download in AEM.

1849506_pastedImage_0.png

1849507_pastedImage_1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can look into building the CURL command for that process using the article at [1]

[1] Using cURL with AEM

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

UI console is triggering the event via

/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/downloadasset/clientlibs/downloadasset/downloadasset.js

which is in turn using Download assets from AEM

Checking of it, you see below for /content/dam/we-retail/en/people folder

URL :

/content/dam/we-retail/en/people.assetdownload.zip/People.zip

Parameters :

{"path":["%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fwe-retail%2Fen%2Fpeople"],"_charset_":"utf-8","downloadAssets":"true","downloadRenditions":"false","downloadSubassets":"undefined","flatStructure":"true","licenseCheck":"true","s7exportsettings":""}

Community Advisor

Hi Nirmal,

i tried with below curl command and its downloading the zip file. only issue that i found is once extracted its creating separate folder with file name just before the actual file.

curl -u admin:admin -X POST http://localhost:4502/content/dam/we-retail/en/people.assetdownload.zip/People.zip -d '{"path":["/content/dam/we-retail/en/people"],"_charset_":"utf-8","downloadAssets":"true","downloadRenditions":"false","downloadSubassets":"undefined","flatStructure":"false","licenseCheck":"true","s7exportsettings":""} -O

Community Advisor

i was able to solve this by passing the data in urlencoded format and in raw form not in json format

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can look into building the CURL command for that process using the article at [1]

[1] Using cURL with AEM