Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Does anyone have official documentation of cq:htmlTag?

Level 3

I am trying to use it, but I could not find a official good documentation.

The link from the docs at the cq:htmlTag is broken

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Replace the automatically include outer div.

I was missing cq:tagName.

My issue is solved, thank you for the help.

Just a head-ups as the documentation is broken.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Administrator

Hi

I have asked Documentation team to help you here.

For you help as of now:-

To change the default div tags to something else , use cq:htmlTag nodes in your components. This lets you modify the tag , classes and id associated with the decorator tag.

• Create cq:htmlTag node [primaryType:nt:unstructured] under your component.
  • Add cq:tagName property [type:String] with the tag to be used as value.
  • Add class property [type:String] with class(es) to be added to the enclosing tag **
  • Add id property [type:String] with id to be added to the enclosing tag

// Link:- http://www.codermag.net/2016/02/remove-component-wrapper-divs-in-cqaem.html

Using the cq:htmlTag to manipulate component divs

Out of the box AEM components creates a number of wrapper div in the generated HTML code which are used by the editing system and to identify various components in the DOM.
However sometimes this may cause unnecessary problems as the HTML structure becomes different from the one you started with.
We can use cq:htmlTag to manipulate the wrapper divs.
First we need to create a nt:unstructured node under our component.
This node will contain the following:
1. class - The CSS class names that may be used for styling.
2. id - The id of the element in the rendered HTML.
3. cq:tagName - The tag that will be used to represent our component in the DOM (div, span, p, etc.)

[img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7PniUsdjAiA/VtWYxtivtDI/AAAAAAAAAW4/PRoAPnkJMy0/s1600/cq_nodecoration%2Be... ​[/img]

this will render the component as:-

<span id="mycomponent" class="modern-style">
    …
    </span>

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 3

Replace the automatically include outer div.

I was missing cq:tagName.

My issue is solved, thank you for the help.

Just a head-ups as the documentation is broken.

Level 10

what topic is broken? Let me know and I will log a bug, 

Level 7

if your issue is solved kindly close the ticket and let Scott know about the broken topic so that it could be fixed.

Level 2

We can use cq:htmlTag to write our custom tags and attributes to be added to the DIV as mentioned in the below page.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/kb/ComponentDiv.html

But, the question is we can only add static values where I would like to add dynamic values like I want to add component content node path as a data attribute to the auto generated DIV

For example,

<div class="title"></div>

Should be

<div class="title" res="/content/geometrixx/en/jcr:content/par/title"></div>

Any references are will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

We have created a documentation bug for this. Documentation team will work on this. Once done i will inform you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi All,

We have used the cq:htmlTag node to override the CQ generated div for the component.

Its working fine in author instance, but however it is not working in publish instance, we are getting the auto-generated CQ div class instead of our overridden class.

Please help me on the urgent basis.

Thanks,

Mayur Sharma

Level 1

hi kirsh1442,

were you able to find solution for your problem of adding dynamic values of component content node path as a data attribute to the auto generated DIV?

Level 2

Hi, I completely wanted to remove the auto generated <div> tag, so I made the cq:tagName = "".

But in author instance, when ever I save the dilog, the component gets hidden and the parsys looks broken until the page is refreshed again manually.

This is happening in 6.3.2.0.

Any help or suggestion to avoid it ?

Level 2

Hi,

I completely wanted to remove the auto generated <div> tag, so I made the cq:tagName = "".

But in author instance, when ever I save the dilog, the component gets hidden and the parsys looks broken until the page is refreshed again manually.

This is happening in 6.3.2.0.

Any help or suggestion to avoid it ?

Administrator

Make sure you have component published. check the Publisher instance.

-kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Publish instance is working fine.

Issue with only the Author instance and only when I edit and save the dialog of the component.

The moment I hit save on the dilog, all  the elements in the components gets hidden and the parsys breaks until I refresh the page again.  After the page refresh It works fine.