Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Does AEM Provide Health Check Notifications

Level 1

Currently I do not find any option to configure notifications based out of Health Check status. Does AEM provides any  mechanism where I could configure alerts based on some threshold values which can notify me through email in case of it shows any Warning or Critical status, so that I do not have to login to AEM and see the health check explicitly on daily basis. I hope those notifications would also help me on Custom Alerts.

Regards,

Amit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Amit,

I don't think that AEM has a builtin notification mechanism. In  enterprise environments it's quite likely that you already have a system, which monitors applications and escalates when certain thresholds are exceeded. There are also some good opensource tools out there (Icinga, nagios, zabbix, ...) which allow you to implement it quite easily.

On the AEM side you need to provide this data, which is easy when you can use JMX.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Amit,

I don't think that AEM has a builtin notification mechanism. In  enterprise environments it's quite likely that you already have a system, which monitors applications and escalates when certain thresholds are exceeded. There are also some good opensource tools out there (Icinga, nagios, zabbix, ...) which allow you to implement it quite easily.

On the AEM side you need to provide this data, which is easy when you can use JMX.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 10

Hi Amit,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Please go through the below doc and see if it helps:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/ref/javadoc/index.html?com/day/cq/notification/api/Notificatio...

Thanks!