Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Does AEM 6.1 support .com for the folder name?

Former Community Member

Problem statement: Authors are not able to edit any pages under a folder with .com ;

ex: https://example.com/sites.html/content/identity.com/ca/testpage

Why we need .com folder?

Business want to server content from https://www.identity.com/ca/testpage

Ask? 

DoesAEM6.1 supports .com folder name?

What could be preventing authors from editing contents under .com folder(identity.com)

Thanks

Guru

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Thank you all for your inputs.

I'm able to edit pages under .com folders  with new author install(re-installed author locally). also AEM6.3 might fix this issue.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Guru

The page created should be editable .

1239364_pastedImage_1.png

But I think your way of handling your client ask is wrong.  First thing we have to understand is the Sling conventions. It is not a best practice to name any node of any type with a .(dot) in it. Please read the NodeNamingConventions - Jackrabbit Wiki

For any AEM page, proper sling resolution starts with the extension. To handle it extension-less way, you may have to write rewrite rules. Extensionless URLs with Adobe Experience Manager | Olson Digital     This is the best I could find for you. I think you should rethink on your approach.

Let us wait for some one to guide you on this . I would like Jörg Hohsmacdonald2008kautuksahniorotasSham HCFeike Visseredubeyleeaslingbsloki

Employee Advisor

Hi Guru,

What do you mean with "not able to edit"? Is there any exception in the log, and javascript error in the browser console? Can you reproduce the problem locally?

Jörg

Employee

I would do folder-names like .com, perhaps it is supported. But I guess you run into issues later on.

Former Community Member

Hi Jorg

I get HTTP/1.1 302 Found;

not finding much info in server logs; in browser logs i see HTTP 302.

I'm able to reproduce the issue locally - created  2 folders with same content: identity.com & identity-com; i was able to open & edit content under identity-com.

-Guru

Former Community Member

Thanks Veena, really appreciate the details.

Agree, the naming conventions not correct; the folder was created by others

to support a business use case.

Interesting to know you were able to open & edit page in .com folder; I was

not able to open/edit in all our environments- local,dev,qa &production.

attached the screenshots.

something to do with AEM version? we use Adobe Experience Manager, Version

thanks

Guru

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Can you please check the request, which returns with the 302, in the browser with the developer tools? I would like to know where the redirect is going to ("Location" header of the response).

What happens when you use this url: https://example.com/sites.html/content/identity.com/ca/testpage.html​ (note the .html at the end)?

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 4

When we create any site with dot in name from site admin. AEM is automatically changing the dot to - hyphen (Example when i created with "test.com" AEM replaced the . with - in name).

After creating if we are renaming the site to test.com and save (/test-com/ renamed )to test.com from crx/de). I am able to see the page rendered properly (http://localhost:4502/content/test.com/test123.html ). My AEM version is Version 6.1.0.SP2.

I think you have issue with not  .com name. There might be some thing else at the template level or the components that got dragged and dropped on to that page. Can you check the logs once.

Level 10

It should support .com in the node name. Did you try creating a new node with .com and checked if the same issue persists ?

Level 3

Yes mate, you can't do this though UI but you can do this using CRXDe. On the other note you probably should not do this for many reasons. You need to do this level of abstraction at Dispatcher level with VirtualHosts and rewrite rules.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Thank you all for your inputs.

I'm able to edit pages under .com folders  with new author install(re-installed author locally). also AEM6.3 might fix this issue.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----