Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Document duplicate detector not firing

Level 1

Using AEM 6.2 have configured AEM as per the instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/mx/experience-manager/6-2/assets/using/duplicate-detection.html

But we can’t get the duplication warning to fire when we test.  We enabled the service as per the instruction, then copied a document off the site and uploaded it again with no warning coming up.  It also didn’t fire after AEM was restarted.  Any ideas? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Several things to check.

1. When you upload the document initially, check to see if the metadata has the property @dam:sha1 with a value.

2. If item 1 is fine, then upload the document again. This time enable query debugging to see if the query below gets executed.

//element(*, dam:Asset)[(jcr:content/metadata/@dam:sha1 = 'SHA1-VALUE')]"

3. If the query is executed and you are still not getting duplicate document detection, I would validate the query in the CRXDE Lite Query Tool.

This should help to provide you with some hints on how to address this. If you still cannot resolve it, I would recommend opening a ticket with us to help you further.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Several things to check.

1. When you upload the document initially, check to see if the metadata has the property @dam:sha1 with a value.

2. If item 1 is fine, then upload the document again. This time enable query debugging to see if the query below gets executed.

//element(*, dam:Asset)[(jcr:content/metadata/@dam:sha1 = 'SHA1-VALUE')]"

3. If the query is executed and you are still not getting duplicate document detection, I would validate the query in the CRXDE Lite Query Tool.

This should help to provide you with some hints on how to address this. If you still cannot resolve it, I would recommend opening a ticket with us to help you further.