Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Display Issues When Using Placeholder Template

Level 3

When extending the [Container] core component, I want to modify the placeholder text once the component is placed on the page, displaying the jcr:title of the component.

1791657_pastedImage_0.png

This seems to work well when adding just one, however, when I try to add another [Container] inside of that one, the display issues occur:

1791658_pastedImage_1.png

The placeholder titles begin to overlap each other, and there is a substantial space below the parsys area to drag items into the [Container].

Is this noticeable to others? I am using AEM 6.4.4, AEM Core Components 2.5.0 and my code for the proxied [Container] component is below.

<sly data-sly-use.container="com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models.LayoutContainer">

<sly data-sly-test.responsive="${container.layout == 'RESPONSIVE_GRID'}"

data-sly-use.responsiveGridTemplate="responsiveGrid.html"

data-sly-call="${responsiveGridTemplate.responsiveGrid @ container=container}"></sly>

<sly data-sly-test.simple="${!responsive}"

data-sly-use.simpleTemplate="simple.html"

data-sly-call="${simpleTemplate.simple @ container=container}"></sly>

</sly>

<sly data-sly-use.placeholder="core/wcm/components/commons/v1/templates.html"

data-sly-call="${placeholder.placeholder @ isEmpty=container}"></sly>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Also, it seems like it puts some kind of overlay over the content, making it very difficult to read/manage:

1791708_pastedImage_0.png

Vs.

1791709_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

Also, it seems like it puts some kind of overlay over the content, making it very difficult to read/manage:

1791708_pastedImage_0.png

Vs.

1791709_pastedImage_1.png