Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Dispatcher 403 error for Asset Share Commons Modal

Level 4

I have Asset Share Commons set up as part of a site, and everything is working as expected except for the modal functionality. When a modal button is clicked on the dispatcher, there is a 403 error on the file at /content/*/assets/actions/*.partial.html. The page will open without error if I put the full URL into the browser, with and without partial. The modal works correctly on the publishers and author.

I installed the Asset Share Commons content as a test and had the same error for the modals.

I don't know enough about the dispatcher settings to figure out how to authorize the modal. I don't see anything relevant on the ASC site or in the issues to try to solve this on my own. I've tried adding an allow rule (/type "allow" /url "/content/*.partial.html*") but I'm not sure if I've formatted it correctly. Is there something else I can add or a header I need to put in to allow the modal to work on the dispatcher?

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Juliat,

You can add a filter rule in dispatcher.any file to allow the file at /assets/actions/*.partial.html, and restart the Apache webserver. See [0] for more details.

/filter {
/0001  {  /type "allow"  /url "/content/*.partial.html"}
}

[0]:- https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/configuring/dispatcher-co...

Thanks,

Vaishali

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Juliat,

You can add a filter rule in dispatcher.any file to allow the file at /assets/actions/*.partial.html, and restart the Apache webserver. See [0] for more details.

/filter {
/0001  {  /type "allow"  /url "/content/*.partial.html"}
}

[0]:- https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/configuring/dispatcher-co...

Thanks,

Vaishali

Level 4

I've added this filter rule prior to posting, but I'm still getting the 403 error. As I initially asked, I'm wondering if my rule is incorrect or if there is something else I need to do to allow the partial.

/assets/actions/*.partial.html is actually under my content node at /content/*/assets/actions/*.partial.html where assets and actions are part of the page structure. I shouldn't have to specify the full path to the file in the dispatcher when that location could be changed, should I?

Employee

Try with the following rule:

/0002

{

/type "allow"

/path "/content/*"

/selectors '(partial)'

/extension '(html)'

}

After adding above, make sure you are restarting the web server to reflect these changes.

Level 4
Unfortunately, I'm still getting the 403 error on the partial modal despite being able to access the URL directly.