Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Disable sling schedule on author

Level 2

Hi,

Would like to disabled sling scheduler on author instance. We have unchecked  the check box but still its running. How to disabled on author.

Below is code for configuration. 

@Component(immediate = true, label = "Aadhaar Seeding Schedular for IndisInd Bank", description = "Aadhaar Seeding Schedular for IndisInd Bank", metatype = true)

@Service(value = Runnable.class)
@Properties({
        @Property(name = Constants.SERVICE_DESCRIPTION, value = "Aadhaar Seeding for IndisInd"),
        @Property(name = Constants.SERVICE_VENDOR, value = "Indigo"),
        @Property(label = "Active/Inactive : ", name = "scheduler.concurrent", boolValue = false),
        @Property(label = "Schedular Time : ", name = "scheduler.expression", value = "0 0 9 * * ?", description = "Scheduler Cron Expression. Follow the link http://www.docjar.com/docs/api/org/quartz/CronExpression.html for more details.") })

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Deepak,

I don't think there is a way to enable/disabled scheduler from their properties. However, two solutions i can think of

• You can keep scheduler running and have checkbox OSGI property at the scheduler level. And based on this property, you can decide whether you need execute rest of the code or not.
  • Another option is to write a simple supporting service which will have a checkbox OSGI property and based on chosen option you can schedule or unschedule a scheduler service. Assuming scheduler service is being registered from this supporting service not through OSGI property & cron job.

Regards,

Jitendra

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Is this a custom sling scheduler service? 

Level 2

Thanks Sham for answer. Is there any other way of doing. can just check/uncheck to disable/enable.  

Correct answer by
Level 9

Deepak,

I don't think there is a way to enable/disabled scheduler from their properties. However, two solutions i can think of

• You can keep scheduler running and have checkbox OSGI property at the scheduler level. And based on this property, you can decide whether you need execute rest of the code or not.
  • Another option is to write a simple supporting service which will have a checkbox OSGI property and based on chosen option you can schedule or unschedule a scheduler service. Assuming scheduler service is being registered from this supporting service not through OSGI property & cron job.

Regards,

Jitendra

Level 2

Jitendra S.Tomar wrote...

Deepak,

Regards,

Jitendra

Thanks Jitendra, We have written similar code to identify the active and inactive (true /false) and based on that code is running. I had encountered  caching issue and restarted the instance and now its working fine. Thanks for your response