Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dialog taking long time to open

Level 4

Hello All,

We are migrating from  AEM 6.0 to AEM 6.3.2.2(SP2 + CFPS 1 and 2).  All our application related tags are  present under /etc/tags/xyzApp

After migration, when we open any of our components dialog, they are taking long time (around 10~15 seconds) to open.

When we tail error.log, while opening dialog,  we are seeing below warnings in error.log

07.2018 06:28:25.803 *WARN* [10.246.75.239 [1532082503111] GET /mnt/override/apps/xyzApp/components/content/site/abc-pqr/_cq_dialog.html/content/xyz/dfh/jcr:content/rhs/abc-pqr HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor Traversed 14000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [cq:Tag] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/etc/tags/xyzApp') /* xpath: /jcr:root/etc/tags/xyzApp//element(*, cq:Tag) */, path=/etc/tags/xyzApp//*); consider creating an index or changing the query

20.07.2018 06:28:25.962 *WARN* [10.246.75.239 [1532082503111] GET /mnt/override/apps/xyzApp/components/content/site/abc-pqr/_cq_dialog.html/content/xyz/dfh/jcr:content/rhs/abc-pqr HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor Traversed 15000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [cq:Tag] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/etc/tags/xyzApp') /* xpath: /jcr:root/etc/tags/xyzApp//element(*, cq:Tag) */, path=/etc/tags/xyzApp//*); consider creating an index or changing the query

Please let us know how to solve this problem. We have not seen this issue in AEM 6.0

Regards

Sreeni

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

These warnings may be stemming from bad index definition, where the "propertyNames" property has type String but the expected type is Name[] and that index is used to index "lastUnpacked" property.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 10

This seems to be an upgrade issue. You may require a hotfix. I recommend opening a support ticket.

Level 4

Thanks Scott for your quick reply!

We also tried creating an index on query shown in above WARNING message as follows.

Query:-

select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [cq:Tag] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/etc/tags/xyzApp')

Index:-

{

"compatVersion": 2,

"async": "async",

"jcr:primaryType": "oak:QueryIndexDefinition",

"evaluatePathRestrictions": true,

"type": "lucene",

"indexRules": {

"jcr:primaryType": "nt:unstructured",

"cq:Tag": {

"properties": {

"primaryType": {

"name": "jcr:primaryType",

"propertyIndex": true,

"jcr:primaryType": "nt:unstructured"

}

}

}

}

}

After creating the above index, we are not seeing the WARNING message in error log, but no performance improvement.

But we are seeing below new WARNING messages while opening the dialog of the component. Please suggest  how to resolve this issue

22.07.2018 08:56:34.667 *WARN* [10.246.75.239 [1532264175651] GET /mnt/override/apps/xyzApp/components/content/site/abc-pqr/_cq_dialog.html/content/xyz/dfh /jcr:content/rhs/abc-pqr HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.property.PropertyIndexLookup Expected 'NAMES' as type of property 'propertyNames' but found 'STRING'. Node - '{ jcr:primaryType = oak:QueryIndexDefinition, propertyNames = lastUnpacked, type = property, reindex = false, reindexCount = 1, :index = { ... } }'

22.07.2018 08:56:34.668 *WARN* [10.246.75.239 [1532264175651] GET /mnt/override/apps/xyzApp/components/content/site/abc-pqr/_cq_dialog.html/content/xyz/dfh /jcr:content/rhs/abc-pqr HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.property.PropertyIndexLookup Expected 'NAMES' as type of property 'propertyNames' but found 'STRING'. Node - '{ jcr:primaryType = oak:QueryIndexDefinition, propertyNames = lastUnpacked, type = property, reindex = false, reindexCount = 1, :index = { ... } }'

Thanks in advance!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

These warnings may be stemming from bad index definition, where the "propertyNames" property has type String but the expected type is Name[] and that index is used to index "lastUnpacked" property.

Level 4

Any help here please, i am still blocked on this issue!

Level 10

I have asked our cust care team to look here. This may be a known issue when upgrading.

Employee

It looks like the custom index was not created properly.

Based on a traverse query WARN message you have to have something similar to:

1536305_pastedImage_0.png

Keep in mind that in AEM 6.3 and 6.4 "jcr:primaryType" property is indexed by default. If you are using one of those versions you can try to reindex /oak:index/cqTagLucene

Level 4

Thanks Scott and Leo for responding to it.

As suggested, primaryType is created under /oak:index/cqTagLucene/indexRules/cq:Tag/properties and reindexed /oak:index/cqTagLucene.

After re indexing successful, when i try to open any dialog, now i am not seeing any WARN messages in log, but still it is taking time to load.

Below are 2 observations, which may help to give more insights to problem

1. The OOB foundation component(like text, image etc) dialogs are opening quite fast, only my custom components are taking time.

2. We have enabled SAML integration in our environment, if i login with a user(not admin/admin) and try opening a dialog, they open quite fast, but if i login with admin/admin it takes time to load. We disabled SAML and tried with admin/admin user, but still takes long time.

Please suggest.

Level 4

Any help here please, I am still blocked

Level 10

Did you follow Leo,s advice exactly as is. I have never seen a situation where dialogs open in the manner you are descring, Is this AEM instance a fresh instance or upgraded one?

Level 10

Support said:

They need to use chrome dev tool to capture the slowest request....

If he open a support case we would ask for HAR file and if he was able to duplicate the same on an another server

Level 4

Thank you Scott for your reply!

I followed leo advice exactly, but no luck.

1. The issue is on upgraded instance from 6.0 to 6.3.

2. When we verify the slowest call from chrome developer tools( network tab), it's the call to open dialogue which is taking long time.

Regards

Sreeni

Level 4

FYI, this is the exact call in network tab of chrome browser taking long time to open dialog

https://<hostname>:<port>/mnt/override/apps/<project>/components/content/site/<component-name>/_cq_d...

Please help in resolving this issue.