Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Develop helpful button component in AEM 6.3

Level 1

Hi,

I have a requirement to create helpful button component which will be used in all the article pages. On clicking the button, we should increment the count for unique users. Once the logged in user click on the button, we should disable the button for that specific user on that page. I'm looking for a best approach to implement this. Could anyone throw some light on this please.

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Refer OOB rating component.

You can use the similar logic to implement this functionality.

Level 3

I would use a sling model for this requirement.

Level 1

Is it part of communities? Could you please provide me the path where I can find Rating component?

Level 1

Scott, we do not have the users stored in AEM. So, my main concern is with respect to storing the user info(unique identifier) as we have a lot of users. We need to store the user info to determine if a user has already liked the article. Should we use an external DB to store this data (user info specific to an article).

Community Advisor

Previously when we used rating component it was written in jsp in cq 5.6.

Now i think you can refer this component-

Using Ratings

/libs/social/tally/components/hbs/rating

Community Advisor

were u able to use OOB rating component logic?

Level 1

No, we have not used OOTB Rating component. I was mainly looking for suggestions around storage as we do not have the user data stored in AEM. Now we have decided to use an external DB for storing the unique user identifier along with article page path.