Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Design dialog values not reflecting in edit dialog Core Image V2 component

Level 1

I am trying to extend core image v2 component with some additional properties in the edit dialog. Everything works fine. When we try to modify something in the design dialog ( for ex : Check "Get alt value from DAM" in the design dialog). The same property is not checked in the edit dialog in edit mode. 

Similary, i disabled "allowUpload" property in design mode, still I get the option to browse file from system.

How do I enable or disable these properties, in the template design so that it reflects the same in edit mode? 

P.S : We are using static temp

Below is the image in design mode 

image.png

Below is the image in edit mode 

image.pnglates.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @padmaja_seshadri,

Regarding allowUpload, per core components version 2.8.0, allowUpload property is not set at first place on asset/fileupload resource (/apps/core/wcm/components/image/v2/image/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/items/asset/items/columns/items/column/items/file). Design value of the same (using cqDesign) is not used and hence no effect. 

For the other field (Alternative text from DAM), can you confirm if the design values are persisted in /etc/designs/.. path (provided the design path is set so for your project in case of static template)

Also, share the core components version that you are using. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @padmaja_seshadri,

Regarding allowUpload, per core components version 2.8.0, allowUpload property is not set at first place on asset/fileupload resource (/apps/core/wcm/components/image/v2/image/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/items/asset/items/columns/items/column/items/file). Design value of the same (using cqDesign) is not used and hence no effect. 

For the other field (Alternative text from DAM), can you confirm if the design values are persisted in /etc/designs/.. path (provided the design path is set so for your project in case of static template)

Also, share the core components version that you are using. 

Hi @Vijayalakshmi_S  ,

We are using Core components version 2.7.0 

Yes, the design persists in the design path. ( we have recently changed our design path from 'etc/designs/' to '/apps/settings/--').

Community Advisor

Designs that are modifiable via Design dialog shouldn't be moved out of /etc per the repository restructuring guidelines.

Please retain the respective design in /etc path and try. 

Doc link for reference:

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-64/deploying/restructuring/all-repository-...

Vijayalakshmi_S_0-1600363484218.png