Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Delete jsp inside a component in Author and publish

Level 3

Hi.. I am facing an issue and I think I am missing any step. Please tell me the proper way..

I have a component that extends foundation page component. So I put body.jsp and headlibs.jsp there. Published the code and two jsps are in publish instance. Now I deleted headlibs.jsp from author and published the whole component. But in publish instance headlibs.jsp still exists. How to remove that? I used webdav to delete that jsp directly from publish instance. But there should be a way to delete it from author instance. Please mention the steps.. thanks in advance:)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

When you say you published the component did you do that using a package? If you want to publish a delete of a JSP file like that you have to do it via a package and not normal replication. If you create a CRX package, put your component in the package, build it, and then publish the package it will delete your JSP. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

When you say you published the component did you do that using a package? If you want to publish a delete of a JSP file like that you have to do it via a package and not normal replication. If you create a CRX package, put your component in the package, build it, and then publish the package it will delete your JSP.