Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Default Sling Script Error

Level 3

Hi everyone,

I am doing an update for a component in which I need to add a new class in the backend. On adding the class and making the required updates in the pom.xml files I am still getting the following error :

org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript: No use provider could resolve identifier com.aem.community.core.demoClass

I also tried changing the name of the class and adding the packages in the pom. I even tried changing the artifactid from uppercase to lowercase however the error still persists :

org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: Cannot get DefaultSlingScript: org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.SightlyException: Compilation errors in org/apache/sling/scripting/sightly/apps/DeviceSupportPage/components/content/helloworld/helloworld_html.java:

Line 28, column 1289 : Only a type can be imported. com.aem.community.core.Democlass resolves to a package

Line 55, column 2410 : Democlass cannot be resolved to a type

Can anyone please guide me on this as to why such an error comes on drag and drop of the component?

Thanks and Regards,

Bernadine Soman

smacdonald2008Feike Visser

4 Replies

Employee

I would expect DemoClass.

Can you share your HTL code?

Employee

this error 'No use provider could resolve identifier com.aem.community.core.demoClass' normally means:

- class can't be found

- bundle is not active

Level 10

AGree with Feike - make sure you are referencing the correct fully qualified class name in the HTL code and the bundle that contains this class is in ACTIVE State.

Level 2

Please check the imports for the new class which you created.

I was getting the same error when I was creating a sling model (@Model(adaptables =Resource.class))and after analysing the code I found that there was an import 

import javax.annotation.Resource which was not correct. I replaced it with the correct one 
import org.apache.sling.api.resource.Resource and the issue got fixed.