Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Customize the form elements in the build form of customizing DAM metadata schema in the Granite UI (touch UI)

Level 1

I see there are OOTB form elements such as dropdown, textfield etc.. in the buildform of the customizing DAM metadata schema in the Granite UI.

How do I add more form elements such as Pathfield, multiselectdropdown, multipathfield to this build form so that they can be used to customize the metadata schema. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Its not easily customizable. May be for a reason. If you absolutely must, here is one way. Disclaimer ofcourse is this is just an approach and not the official recommendation.

Overlay /libs/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder at /apps/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder. Then add your field at /apps/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/formfields/autocompletefield. In autocomplete.jsp ,please remember to add    <input type="hidden" name="./items/<%= key %>/metaType" value="autocomplete"> . Basically a unique metatype. Add that new field to /apps/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/builditems.jsp how it has been done for other fields. Overlay /apps/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/view.jsp and update String formFieldsPath ="dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/formfields";. This was originally formFieldsPath ="/libs/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/formfields"; and only seached for fields under this path in libs. Now you should be able to see the new field. I did a sample at https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b6ow6vgx58l192/autocomplete-4.zip?dl=0

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Its not easily customizable. May be for a reason. If you absolutely must, here is one way. Disclaimer ofcourse is this is just an approach and not the official recommendation.

Overlay /libs/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder at /apps/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder. Then add your field at /apps/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/formfields/autocompletefield. In autocomplete.jsp ,please remember to add    <input type="hidden" name="./items/<%= key %>/metaType" value="autocomplete"> . Basically a unique metatype. Add that new field to /apps/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/builditems.jsp how it has been done for other fields. Overlay /apps/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/view.jsp and update String formFieldsPath ="dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/formfields";. This was originally formFieldsPath ="/libs/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/formfields"; and only seached for fields under this path in libs. Now you should be able to see the new field. I did a sample at https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b6ow6vgx58l192/autocomplete-4.zip?dl=0

Level 2

kalyanar wrote...

Hello, I did exactly same as explained here But i don't see my component in the build form. Did i miss anything?