Expand my Community achievements bar.

Customize the content fragment model elements in AEM 6.4

Level 3

Hi,

I have created a content fragment model, and using this i created a content fragment in AEM 6.4. In the content fragment I can select only one element from the dropdown in the content fragment component. However, I want to select multiple elements :

1716804_pastedImage_0.png

The Model consists of two fields -  A single text field where one can enter any text , and a content reference field which is a path browser so one can enter the path.

1716805_pastedImage_1.png

I want both the Text and the Image to be dispalyed on the page not just one element.

The following is the path of the model on crx/de level :

1716809_pastedImage_2.png

Any inputs on a way to customize these element properties?

Regards,

Bernadine Soman

smacdonald2008Feike VisserJörg Hoh

7 Replies

Level 10

I am not aware of any way to customize the widgets available with a content fragment model. I will check internally to see if anyone has thoughts on this.

Level 3

Yeah, Please do let me know if there is any approach available for this. I have been facing this issue for a long time now.

Regards,

Bernadine Soman

Community Advisor

Hi,

I created custom cf model and tried , for me weretail CF component is ok to use to select one or multi element. 

With OOTB foundation component you can see the option to select one element.

Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 1.50.10 PM.png

With we-retail component you can see the option to select one or multi element.

Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 1.49.30 PM.png

Arun Patidar

Level 2

What version of we.retail are you using to have the content fragment component show the multiple elements field ?  I looked at the latest we.retail version 4.0, and the sling:resourceSuperType="core/wcm/extension/components/contentfragment/v1/contentfragment".

Can you be more specific on your setup to make this work ? 

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am using OOTB setup for we retail, yes we-retail uses content fragment core component.

aem-core-wcm-components/extension/contentfragment/content/src/content/jcr_root/apps/core/wcm/extensi...

Dailog path to handle single or multi element display

/apps/core/wcm/extension/components/contentfragment/v1/contentfragment/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/items/properties/items/column/items/displayMode

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can customise your content fragment component as like we-retail or you can use we-retail components

Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 10.36.18 PM.png

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Hi Arun,

The above solution is only valid if we use a normal content fragment. Here you can add your own elements, however what I have created is a Custom Content Fragment Model (and as mentioned above in the two diagrams with only two fields) for my Content Fragment. So when I select that I do not get any of these options in the content fragment dialog.

Regards,

Bernadine Soman