Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Customize the content fragment model elements in AEM 6.4

Level 3

Hi,

I have created a content fragment model, and using this i created a content fragment in AEM 6.4. In the content fragment I can select only one element from the dropdown in the content fragment component. However, I want to select multiple elements :

1716804_pastedImage_0.png

The Model consists of two fields -  A single text field where one can enter any text , and a content reference field which is a path browser so one can enter the path.

1716805_pastedImage_1.png

I want both the Text and the Image to be dispalyed on the page not just one element.

The following is the path of the model on crx/de level :

1716809_pastedImage_2.png

Any inputs on a way to customize these element properties?

Regards,

Bernadine Soman

smacdonald2008Feike VisserJörg Hoh

7 Replies

Level 10

I am not aware of any way to customize the widgets available with a content fragment model. I will check internally to see if anyone has thoughts on this.

Level 3

Yeah, Please do let me know if there is any approach available for this. I have been facing this issue for a long time now.

Regards,

Bernadine Soman

Community Advisor

Hi,

I created custom cf model and tried , for me weretail CF component is ok to use to select one or multi element. 

With OOTB foundation component you can see the option to select one element.

Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 1.50.10 PM.png

With we-retail component you can see the option to select one or multi element.

Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 1.49.30 PM.png

Arun Patidar

Level 2

What version of we.retail are you using to have the content fragment component show the multiple elements field ?  I looked at the latest we.retail version 4.0, and the sling:resourceSuperType="core/wcm/extension/components/contentfragment/v1/contentfragment".

Can you be more specific on your setup to make this work ? 

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am using OOTB setup for we retail, yes we-retail uses content fragment core component.

aem-core-wcm-components/extension/contentfragment/content/src/content/jcr_root/apps/core/wcm/extensi...

Dailog path to handle single or multi element display

/apps/core/wcm/extension/components/contentfragment/v1/contentfragment/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/items/properties/items/column/items/displayMode

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can customise your content fragment component as like we-retail or you can use we-retail components

Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 10.36.18 PM.png

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Hi Arun,

The above solution is only valid if we use a normal content fragment. Here you can add your own elements, however what I have created is a Custom Content Fragment Model (and as mentioned above in the two diagrams with only two fields) for my Content Fragment. So when I select that I do not get any of these options in the content fragment dialog.

Regards,

Bernadine Soman