Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom workflow should called on click to “Publish to brand portal”

Level 4

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to call my custom asset workflow on click of “Publish to brand portal” in quick publish tab.

Can I overlay this Ui and call custom workflow ?

Appreciate for any lead..

Thanks in advance

chetan001_0-1627498082045.jpeg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @chetan001 

For this you need to overlay the /libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions/selection/quickpublish and also in /libs/dam/gui/content/asset/jcr:content/actions/selection/quickpublish to your apps layer 

Overlay in apps /apps/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions/selection/quickpublish

Now browse to “<asset and assetdetails path>/jcr:content/head/clientlibs

Overlay clientlibs node in “/apps”. In the client lib categories you can see dam.gui.admin.publishasset.coral .You can get the specific path of this category using dumplib and similar to that client library create your own custom client library under above created apps node.

Refer below for more details:

https://techrevel.blog/2018/02/09/customizing-aem-assets-toolbar/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajashankar.R

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @chetan001 

For this you need to overlay the /libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions/selection/quickpublish and also in /libs/dam/gui/content/asset/jcr:content/actions/selection/quickpublish to your apps layer 

Overlay in apps /apps/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions/selection/quickpublish

Now browse to “<asset and assetdetails path>/jcr:content/head/clientlibs

Overlay clientlibs node in “/apps”. In the client lib categories you can see dam.gui.admin.publishasset.coral .You can get the specific path of this category using dumplib and similar to that client library create your own custom client library under above created apps node.

Refer below for more details:

https://techrevel.blog/2018/02/09/customizing-aem-assets-toolbar/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajashankar.R

Level 4
Thanks Rajashankar for your comments. I tried your approach but that did not work for my use case. The solution, I have implemented overriding the “FolderSyncHandler” servlet and called my custom workflow. This is removing existing brand portal publisher configuration and using my custom workflow to approve assets