Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Custom Table Component

Level 1

Hi, 

I'm trying to build a table component from scratch as the existing OOTB table is deprecated for  AEM 6.5. 

I wanted to include a component inside a table cell and should be able to edit it. For example, I want to include an image component in the last column of the table, I should be able to add it via dialog and edit it in page.

I got to know that it is not possible with the existing Core Text component table structure as RTE plugins would not allow adding a component inside a cell except text input. 

So, I tried to add custom dialog with multifield inputs and output the table as below.

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" border="1">
<!--/* Get all child resources */-->
<div data-sly-list.rowsMultifield="${resource.getChildren}">
    <div data-sly-test="${rowsMultifield.name == 'rows'}">
        <ul data-sly-list.rows="${rowsMultifield.getChildren}">
                <tr>
                    <!--/* Get all child resources */-->
                    <div data-sly-list.cellMultifield="${rows.getChildren}">

<!--/* Keep only the countries multifield and iterate over its children */-->
                        <ul data-sly-test="${cellMultifield.name == 'cells'}"
                            data-sly-list.cell="${cellMultifield.getChildren}">

<div data-sly-test="${properties.headerRow && (rowsList.index == 0)}">

<th>
                                    <sly data-sly-resource="${ 'rows/{0}/cells/{1}/*' @ format=[rows.name,cell.name], resourceType='macnicagwi/components/content/text', decorationTagName='div', cssClassName='header-row'}">
                                    </sly>
                                </th>

</div>

<div data-sly-test="${properties.headerRow && (rowsList.index != 0) }">

<th data-sly-test="${properties.headerColumn && (cellList.index == 0)}">
                                    <sly data-sly-resource="${ 'rows/{0}/cells/{1}/*' @ format=[rows.name,cell.name], resourceType='macnicagwi/components/content/text', decorationTagName='div', cssClassName='header-column'}">
                                    </sly>
                                </th>

<td data-sly-test="${properties.headerColumn && (cellList.index != 0)}">
                                    <sly data-sly-resource="${ 'rows/{0}/cells/{1}/*' @ format=[rows.name,cell.name], resourceType=cell.type, decorationTagName='div'}">
                                    </sly>
                                </td>

<td data-sly-test="${!properties.headerColumn}">
                                    <sly data-sly-resource="${ 'rows/{0}/cells/{1}/*' @ format=[rows.name,cell.name], resourceType=cell.type, decorationTagName='div'}">
                                    </sly>
                            	</td>
							</div>

<div data-sly-test="${!properties.headerRow}">

<th data-sly-test="${properties.headerColumn && (cellList.index == 0)}">
                                    <sly data-sly-resource="${ 'rows/{0}/cells/{1}/*' @ format=[rows.name,cell.name], resourceType='macnicagwi/components/content/text', decorationTagName='div', cssClassName='header-column'}">
                                    </sly>
                                </th>

<td data-sly-test="${properties.headerColumn && (cellList.index != 0)}">
                                    </sly>
                                </td>

<td data-sly-test="${!properties.headerColumn}">
                                    </sly>
                                </td>

</div>

</ul>
                    </div>
                </tr>
        </ul>
    </div>
</div>
</table>

And this is the dialog

vijay_karthik_0-1650462430127.png

So, the problem is everytime I add a new multifield and click on done, the entire table data is getting refactored to the beginning. All the edited data is getting lost. 

vijay_karthik_1-1650462548999.png

How do I retain the data in case if I add a new row or a cell?

OR, in short,  how to add a component in a table cell ?@

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @vijay_karthik ,

Here is a tutorial to have a table component and also customising it in AEM :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRqovsPq5Lo

Please refer the same, let us know if you have any further concerns.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @vijay_karthik ,

Here is a tutorial to have a table component and also customising it in AEM :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRqovsPq5Lo

Please refer the same, let us know if you have any further concerns.

Thanks.