Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Custom non-root lucene index

Level 3

We're running on MongoMK SP2 + hotfix 5779.

To optimize performance we are creating custom lucene indexes on content path. So something like this:

/content/sitea/oak:index/

/content/siteb/oak:index/

We have three types of search on cq:Page: for blog posts (property blog=true), events (property event=true), tags & free text.

I thought of creating four lucene indexes per site: one fulltext, three that include the properties. Something like:

/oak:index/lucene-blog --> on type cq:Page, indexing property blog, indexing property datePublished (ordered)

/oak:index/lucene-event --> on type cq:Page, indexing property event, indexing property startDate (ordered)

/oak:index/lucene-tags --> on type cq:Page, indexing property tags, indexing property datePublished (ordered)

/oak:index/lucene-fulltext --> copied over from the base oak:index

The problem is that when I do a tag based search its using the events lucene-event index. Which doesn't have all the pages that are tagged.

What's the problem? Can I have multiple lucene indexes on the same type?

Also, would it be possible to view the index when you use MongoMK?

Many thanks,

Katrien

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
If docs do not help, please file a ticket. (Assuming you have not done so.)

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10
If docs do not help, please file a ticket. (Assuming you have not done so.)

Level 10
A lot of our Eng team are out this week. I will get them to look at this when they get back.      

Level 3

Also, I've noticed that other parts of the authoring environment have become slower. Sorry for not being able to specify better. But what actually happens when you use a non-root index.

E.g., when I delete the lucene-tags index, I would have expected to use the cq:Tags index (default) for any queries only containing tags. But it doesn't. It still uses the non-root lucene-events one.

Level 10

If you have path restriction then use Non root index and documented at http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query/lucene.html

Type can be of lucene or solr. You can't have cq:page.  Offcource you can create 4 index for your property. Based on your query it picks right one.

You can make index on mongoMk.

Level 3
I saw this doc already including others that explain the nonroot lucene index. But none give the information I requested above. Non explain if you can have multiple lucene indexes on the same page type or how it chooses the index. I ve used the query analyzer which is how I know its picking the wrong index. SP2 gives a lot of freedom re: index but unfortunately not a lot of documentation. Have been trying to get same information from daycare too.

Level 3

So no-one knows the answer? No-one with suggestions on how to create multiple lucene indexes or that can tell me what I am doing looks right?