Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom File Name Length Validation in AEM Assets

Level 2

Hi

I need to add custom validation for a number of characters in name of the file in the AEM 6.5 asset upload,
so a file with a name of more than a certain no of characters cannot be uploaded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @shubham_naik ,

• 'DAM Update Asset' workflow, there you can configure which file types should be allowed. Similarly, you can write custom workflowprocess service to check the name of the asset and restrict the uploads accordingly.
  • You could create a custom sling servlet, that will upload assets for you. There you can insert your logic to restrict anything.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Yes, I have already come across this post, but I want to add a custom alert message as well along with the condition.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @shubham_naik ,

• 'DAM Update Asset' workflow, there you can configure which file types should be allowed. Similarly, you can write custom workflowprocess service to check the name of the asset and restrict the uploads accordingly.
  • You could create a custom sling servlet, that will upload assets for you. There you can insert your logic to restrict anything.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh