Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

CRX dam:scene7Path property contains is/image instead of is/content for published to Scene7 animated gifs

Former Community Member

Hi!

We need to include animated gifs in our components. Publishing to Sceene7 is ok but, I suddenly mentioned that the Scene7 link inserted in CRX is pointing out to static image(http://...scene7.com/is/image/...) and not on the dynamic rendition (http://...scene7.com/is/content/,,,,).

Are there ways exist I can use to force Scene7 put a link on 'content' instead of 'image' for gifs? Of couse I can substitute img's tag src attribute.But are there some other clever ways to do this more elegant?

Thank you in advance!

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Do you know if adobe will somehow fix/correct this behaviour?

Thank you for your help!

Employee Advisor

You should raise a support ticket with day care and get a hot fix for this issue.  

Level 7

Were you able to get any resolution from the Client Care team? Please let us know! 

Former Community Member

Hi There,

I found a place in DAY's code where this link in CRX is set:

Class com.day.cq.dam.scene7.impl.Scene7UploadServiceImpl and method setS7AssetNodeProps(), please see below. I think this behaviour is wrong.

private void setS7AssetNodeProps(S7Config s7Config, String assetHandle, Scene7UploadServiceImpl.Scene7Asset asset, String publishedServer, Node jcrContent) throws Exception { try { this.waitOnNodeAvailability(jcrContent); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7ID", assetHandle); if(asset != null) { if(!publishedServer.endsWith("/")) { publishedServer = publishedServer + "/"; } jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7Name", asset.getName()); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7Type", asset.getType()); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7File", (asset.getType().equals("Video")?asset.getFolder():asset.getRootFolder()) + asset.getName()); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7CompanyID", s7Config.getCompanyHandle()); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7Domain", publishedServer); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7Path", publishedServer + "is/image/" + asset.getRootFolder() + asset.getName()); // HERE jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7APIServer", s7Config.getApiServer()); Calendar e = Calendar.getInstance(); e.setTime(asset.getLastModified()); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7LastModified", e); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7Folder", asset.getFolder()); } jcrContent.getSession().save(); } catch (VersionException var7) { this.log.info("setS7AssetNodeProps failure (ignored) to write out node properties for " + jcrContent.getPath() + " " + var7.getMessage()); } }