Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

CRX dam:scene7Path property contains is/image instead of is/content for published to Scene7 animated gifs

Former Community Member

Hi!

We need to include animated gifs in our components. Publishing to Sceene7 is ok but, I suddenly mentioned that the Scene7 link inserted in CRX is pointing out to static image(http://...scene7.com/is/image/...) and not on the dynamic rendition (http://...scene7.com/is/content/,,,,).

Are there ways exist I can use to force Scene7 put a link on 'content' instead of 'image' for gifs? Of couse I can substitute img's tag src attribute.But are there some other clever ways to do this more elegant?

Thank you in advance!

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Do you know if adobe will somehow fix/correct this behaviour?

Thank you for your help!

Employee Advisor

You should raise a support ticket with day care and get a hot fix for this issue.  

Level 7

Were you able to get any resolution from the Client Care team? Please let us know! 

Former Community Member

Hi There,

I found a place in DAY's code where this link in CRX is set:

Class com.day.cq.dam.scene7.impl.Scene7UploadServiceImpl and method setS7AssetNodeProps(), please see below. I think this behaviour is wrong.

private void setS7AssetNodeProps(S7Config s7Config, String assetHandle, Scene7UploadServiceImpl.Scene7Asset asset, String publishedServer, Node jcrContent) throws Exception { try { this.waitOnNodeAvailability(jcrContent); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7ID", assetHandle); if(asset != null) { if(!publishedServer.endsWith("/")) { publishedServer = publishedServer + "/"; } jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7Name", asset.getName()); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7Type", asset.getType()); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7File", (asset.getType().equals("Video")?asset.getFolder():asset.getRootFolder()) + asset.getName()); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7CompanyID", s7Config.getCompanyHandle()); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7Domain", publishedServer); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7Path", publishedServer + "is/image/" + asset.getRootFolder() + asset.getName()); // HERE jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7APIServer", s7Config.getApiServer()); Calendar e = Calendar.getInstance(); e.setTime(asset.getLastModified()); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7LastModified", e); jcrContent.setProperty("dam:scene7Folder", asset.getFolder()); } jcrContent.getSession().save(); } catch (VersionException var7) { this.log.info("setS7AssetNodeProps failure (ignored) to write out node properties for " + jcrContent.getPath() + " " + var7.getMessage()); } }