Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

create component with subcomponent and display it correctly in the content tree

Level 1

I have created a component and inside it have a text and a multifield with text. in the .html it shows the text components as a title component and in this way allows users a more personalized management once it is displayed in edit mode if they wish. this is the .xml of my component:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jcr:root xmlns:sling="http://sling.apache.org/jcr/sling/1.0" xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
    cq:isContainer="{Boolean}true"
    jcr:primaryType="cq:Component"
    jcr:title="test"
    sling:resourceSuperType="foundation/components/parbase"
    componentGroup="WKND.Content"/>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jcr:root xmlns:sling="http://sling.apache.org/jcr/sling/1.0" xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0" xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0"
    jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
    jcr:title="Menu"
    sling:resourceType="cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog">
    <content
        sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/container">
        <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
            <container
                    <externTitle
                        sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield"
                        fieldLabel="Extern Title"
                        name="./title/jcr:title"/>
                    <nestedTitle
                        sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield"
                        composite="{Boolean}true">
                        <field
                            sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/fieldset"
                            name="./internTitles">
                                <container
                                    jcr:title="Titles"
                                    <layout
                                        sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/layouts/collapsible"/>
                                        <internTitle
                                            sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield"
                                            fieldLabel="Intern title"
                                            name="./title/jcr:title"/>
                                    </items>
                                </container>
                            </items>
                        </field>
                    </nestedTitle>
                </items>
            </container>
        </items>
    </content>
</jcr:root>

this is my html

Hello
<div data-sly-use.placeholderTemplate="core/wcm/components/commons/v1/templates.html">
	<div data-sly-resource="${'title' @ resourceType='wknd/components/content/title'}">
	</div>
	<div data-sly-resource="${'internTitles/item{0}/title' @ format=0,resourceType='wknd/components/content/title'}">
	</div>
	<div data-sly-resource="${'internTitles/item{0}/title' @ format=1,resourceType='wknd/components/content/title'}">
	</div>
</div>

This code is adapted and simplified to show the problem, so it only shows two nested titles and their main title.

Here is the content tree and what I want.

MenuComponent.PNG

once displayed, the title components can be treated like a title component, but they are outside their main component in the content tree. I hope my problem is understood, thanks for the answers

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

If we have subcomponents inside a multiple field, we need to create a component container with an empty cq: design_dialog (this allows to be a child element, otherwise the component will be a child at the root and not in the parent) and an html file to display the component.

This is the example to solve my problem.

Primary component: call to title and child container component

<div data-sly-use.placeholderTemplate="core/wcm/components/commons/v1/templates.html">
	${properties}
	<div data-sly-resource="${'title' @ resourceType='wknd/components/content/title'}">
	</div>
	<div data-sly-resource="${'internTitles' @ resourceType='wknd/components/content/nidhiMulti'}">
	</div>
</div>

container child:  it is call two components for finally show the title component

<div data-sly-resource="${'item0' @ resourceType='wknd/components/content/nidhiTest'}">
	</div>
	<div data-sly-resource="${'item1' @ resourceType='wknd/components/content/nidhiTest'}">
	</div>
</div>

last subcomponent:

</div>
</div>

This allows you to have a component with a multi-level hierarchy in the content tree.

It is the solution found by me, it may be simpler but it is just an example for more complex cases. if someone has a better method, please, I hope to read it. Thank you.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 1

If we have subcomponents inside a multiple field, we need to create a component container with an empty cq: design_dialog (this allows to be a child element, otherwise the component will be a child at the root and not in the parent) and an html file to display the component.

This is the example to solve my problem.

Primary component: call to title and child container component

${properties}
	</div>
	<div data-sly-resource="${'internTitles' @ resourceType='wknd/components/content/nidhiMulti'}">
	</div>
</div>

container child:  it is call two components for finally show the title component

<div data-sly-resource="${'item0' @ resourceType='wknd/components/content/nidhiTest'}">
	</div>
	<div data-sly-resource="${'item1' @ resourceType='wknd/components/content/nidhiTest'}">
	</div>
</div>

last subcomponent:

</div>
</div>

This allows you to have a component with a multi-level hierarchy in the content tree.

It is the solution found by me, it may be simpler but it is just an example for more complex cases. if someone has a better method, please, I hope to read it. Thank you.