Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

cq5 author doesn't launch Sling error need help

Level 2

I launch author and the AEM sign-in page comes up but the server icon doesn't come up after that.  Then after I give credentials I get this error:

Cannot serve request to /projects.html in org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet on Author.  It seems that it can't resolve the extension .html and the projects.html uri with the projects resource.  Also it can't get the path.

0 (2014-10-29 09:34:30) TIMER_START{Request Processing} 0 (2014-10-29 09:34:30) COMMENT timer_end format is {<elapsed msec>,<timer name>} <optional message> 0 (2014-10-29 09:34:30) LOG Method=GET, PathInfo=/projects.html 0 (2014-10-29 09:34:30) TIMER_START{ResourceResolution} 0 (2014-10-29 09:34:30) TIMER_END{0,ResourceResolution} URI=/projects.html resolves to Resource=, type=cq:Page, path=/libs/cq/core/content/projects, resource=[JcrNodeResource, type=cq:Page, superType=null, path=/libs/cq/core/content/projects] 0 (2014-10-29 09:34:30) LOG Resource Path Info: SlingRequestPathInfo: path='/libs/cq/core/content/projects', selectorString='null', extension='html', suffix='null' 0 (2014-10-29 09:34:30) TIMER_START{ServletResolution} 0 (2014-10-29 09:34:30) TIMER_START{resolveServlet(, type=cq:Page, path=/libs/cq/core/content/projects, resource=[JcrNodeResource, type=cq:Page, superType=null, path=/libs/cq/core/content/projects])} 0 (2014-10-29 09:34:30) TIMER_END{0,resolveServlet(, type=cq:Page, path=/libs/cq/core/content/projects, resource=[JcrNodeResource, type=cq:Page, superType=null, path=/libs/cq/core/content/projects])} Using servlet org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet 0 (2014-10-29 09:34:30) TIMER_END{0,ServletResolution} URI=/projects.html handled by Servlet=org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet 0 (2014-10-29 09:34:30) LOG Applying Requestfilters
This is not on production.  It is on a dev box.  I don't have Felix installed.  I have it configured to access a Felix on another dev box.  My publisher works fine.  I am using publisher for editing until I can fix it.

What do you suggest to get my author back?  TIA.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

I could be some package that installed recently or some node might be deleted. I suggest you to create a fresh install on your local env and try to test.

It shouldn't take you much time to do a fresh install instead of spending time on figuring out the issue. By default you should have felix installed on your system,

I don't understand why you don't have felix. It's very difficult to change configuration settings when you don't have felix

You can setup your local debugging as well to find out root cause of the problem.

.Or else you can  try one of the following

1. have new cq5 on the same server running on different location and port.

2. Shutdown existing CQ5 server, Rename crx-quickstart to some thing like crx-quickstart_old and do  fresh install in the same location and port

Once you test in these env, you might be able to know whether it is your env issue or something else.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 9

Please check whether you have sling resolver set to html

1. Go to http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr

2. Look for Apache Sling Servlet/Script Resolver and Error Handler and click on pencil icon on the right

3. I attached image please check whether you have html in default extensions, if not add html

If you don't have felix, you can check same configuration in

crx-quickstart\launchpad\config\org\apache\sling\servlets\resolver\SlingServletResolver.config

Level 2

Mshajiahmed wrote...

2. Look for Apache Sling Servlet/Script Resolver and Error Handler and click on pencil icon on the right

3. I attached image please check whether you have html in default extensions, if not add html

crx-quickstart\launchpad\config\org\apache\sling\servlets\resolver\SlingServletResolver.config

I am now getting an error on publisher as well as author.  This is a new error.  A redirection error from HTTP --> HTTPS.  It can't resolve the ssl or something.

What happens is it pulls up my web site login page.  I log in and then get the redirection error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://mydevXXX.com/presentationservice/rest/api/v1.0/CreateSession?timestamp=1414716335186. The request was redirected to 'https://mydevXXX.com/presentationservice/rest/api/v1.0/CreateSession?timestamp=1414716335186', which is disallowed for cross-origin requests that require preflight.  

There is nothing in crx-quickstart\launchpad\config\org....   

I tried to install felix but for now would just like to get cq5 running.

The only thing I did was reinstall the files in package manager.  I also noticed that it appeared to reinstall, it but the files looked like they weren't a fresh copy of the originals.  My publisher was working.  Would love it to be an easy fix so I could get some work done. 

Level 2

Mshajiahmed wrote...

I checked apache sling servlet/script resolver is set to HTML as default.  Also, I noticed this same error message came up in publisher just now when I clicked on a url in my page on another domain.  It is another error message about sling trying to resolve resources.  The only thing I did yesterday was give another developer in the office the cq5 jar file.  THe server was running. Could that have corrupted something?  

Correct answer by
Level 9

I could be some package that installed recently or some node might be deleted. I suggest you to create a fresh install on your local env and try to test.

It shouldn't take you much time to do a fresh install instead of spending time on figuring out the issue. By default you should have felix installed on your system,

I don't understand why you don't have felix. It's very difficult to change configuration settings when you don't have felix

You can setup your local debugging as well to find out root cause of the problem.

2. Shutdown existing CQ5 server, Rename crx-quickstart to some thing like crx-quickstart_old and do  fresh install in the same location and port

Once you test in these env, you might be able to know whether it is your env issue or something else.

Level 2

The only reason I don't have Felix is I only have 8mb of memory.  I will try the steps.  Thanks to all.

Level 2
As 

Mshajiahmed wrote...

Okay, I'm with you a re-install seems right.  I have cq5 quickstart jar files in too many places. What happens now is it launches in publisher and I get to my site login page but then I get a redirect error message in the console from  404 HTTP to HTTPs so I can't log in.  I don't think this is a network or a config issue.  

I'm not sure how exactly to do the reinstall and get to access my site?  I downloaded the latest revision from repository including the cq5 jar file, repository, crx quickstart from perforce.   Are these the right directions in this url? Http:/dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/howto/installingcq.print.html#Installing%20an%20Author%20Instance.

Is it as simple as installing another jar file and renaming the old jar files to something old and adding the crx quickstart folder?    Then I upload my repository jar files in the package manager?

As it is now, I currently can access crxDe lite with my files but I was not seeing my changes reflected in my site and I can log in but it doesn't redirect and then give me my site.  It dies with the 404 redirect to HTTPS error.  That is publisher but author doesn't work at all.  I do have crxDe lite working so do I have to reinstall that as well?

I need the basic steps.   What am I reinstalling?  Do I have to uninstall anything?   I get the jar files auto and publish,  I change the old ones to something else and change the jar files to auto and publish on port 4502 and 4503 and create a batch file and add the crx quickstart folder, and upload my jar files into the package manager.

I  tried to do the debug but couldn't get it started.  This is the script java -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -jar cq5-author-p4502.jar how do you change it to debug?  I guess at this point a reinstall is my only option unless you have any idea why it can't redirect from HTTP to HTTPS because this is only a local environment.  Can you make it really clear since this is my first install.  Thanks,