Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CQ Calendar configuration question

Level 2

Hello,

I need to create a calendar where users on publish instance can create events. What makes it harder - I need it to be moderated.

I used a standart CQ component calendar (/libs/collab/calendar) for that purpose+workflows.

I have implemented two workflows which allow to moderate event creation. But I feel it will be much harder to implement a workflow for moderating event modification/delition.

Do you know if it is possible to let users on publlish instance only create calendar events, but not modify/delete? 

Thanks,

Ievgen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

Workflow triggers based on defined event on specific node type. So if you are concern about triggering the workflow on create event of calender component then you have to define (limit) your workflow definition accordingly. For example nodetype, location of page, condition, and exclude list because you can not related calendar event directly with workflow event (as it operates on node type)

There are not much detail documentation available on launcher configuration but you can refer below or refer some already workflow launcher or search online

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/workflows/wf-using.html#Starting Workflows When Nodes Change

Thanks,

Pawan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

Workflow triggers based on defined event on specific node type. So if you are concern about triggering the workflow on create event of calender component then you have to define (limit) your workflow definition accordingly. For example nodetype, location of page, condition, and exclude list because you can not related calendar event directly with workflow event (as it operates on node type)

There are not much detail documentation available on launcher configuration but you can refer below or refer some already workflow launcher or search online

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/workflows/wf-using.html#Starting Workflows When Nodes Change

Thanks,

Pawan

Level 2

Hi Pawan,

Thank you for trying to help me. Creating a workflow is not a problem for different event types. But I don't want any workflows for modify, delete events. I just want to forbid the users modify and delete events.

I will try to describe my problem using a simple example of why I don't want to use workflows.

There is some event in calendar, which exists both on publish and on author instances. Some user goes to publish instance and deletes this event (I want this to be checked by moderator - if we should delete the event indeed or not). Now the workflow is triggered, later moderator doesn't approve the event deletion, so the event should now reappear on the page. But it cannot reappear because it has been deleted. It is not stored anywhere else. Except, it is stored on the author instance. But if we want to get this event back to publish instance, we would need to somehow trigger the author->publish replication process from publish, I don't know if it is possible to do.

So, in my view standart workflows cannot be used, and it would require some more work of implementing custom workflows, event listeners, and so on.. which seems a little complicated:) What I want is simply forbid the user to delete or modify nodes. I want to let the user to be able to only create nodes. But, unfortunately, when I give the user the permission of only creating nodes, not modifying, he cannot create nodes for that calendar.

Sorry if my explanation is not clear enough.

Thanks,

Ievgen