Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Could not Install Package from AEM 5.6.1 to AEM 6.3

Level 4

Q1:    I'm trying to install a "redirect" page component package from AEM 5.6.1 to AEM 6.3 through package manager. Getting an error

"javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: OakConstraint0021: /apps/******/components/page/redirect/dialog/items/tabs/items/leftNav/items/leftNavURL/items/link/component-a/component-a.jsp/jcr:content[[nt:resource]]: Mandatory property jcr:data not found in a new node"

Q2:  Another non-container component named "component-a" is linked under dialog item "leftNavUrl".under redirect page component. Is it possible to do so in 6.3.

link under leftNavURL which is causing the exception.

<link

jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget"

fieldDescription="Select file from the Content Finder or enter complete URL."

itemId="webURL"

name="./directLink"

xtype="pathfield">

<template-a

cq:isContainer="{Boolean}false"

jcr:description="Component A"

jcr:primaryType="cq:Component"

jcr:title="Component A"

sling:resourceSuperType="foundation/components/page">

<dialog

jcr:primaryType="cq:Dialog"

height="400"

stateful="false"

xtype="dialog">

<items jcr:primaryType="cq:WidgetCollection">

<tabs jcr:primaryType="cq:TabPanel">

<items jcr:primaryType="cq:WidgetCollection">

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I removed the error causing node and installed the package and it is installed now properly. I am investigating on what would be the expected node structure for that the one which is causing issue .

CT1012 Can you please paste a screenshot of the node structure for template-a.jsp ​here ?

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 10

Deploying a component in 5.6 to 6.3 may not work due to the changes in the JCR.

Can you please make a small package that contains this dialog. You component logic does not need to be there - put placeholder code. Then put the package on Google drive so community can attempt to deploy to AEM 6.3 and see if fixes can be made.

Community Advisor

Yes , Please share a sample code as scott explained. May be we can figure out the fix .

Community Advisor

I am looking into it now ..

Level 10

I am seeing the error too - looking deeper into this,

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I removed the error causing node and installed the package and it is installed now properly. I am investigating on what would be the expected node structure for that the one which is causing issue .

CT1012 Can you please paste a screenshot of the node structure for template-a.jsp ​here ?

Level 10

AN FYI--- it works on 6.1 not 6.2 or 6.3. Remove the node as suggested by Veena.

You can use a tool like WinRaw:

RemoveNode.png

Community Advisor

CT1012

Do you think the node structure you packaged and installing is correct ? do you think someone might have accidentally dragged and dropped a component inside your dialog node. Because what I see here in your node structure doesn't make sense to me

1270985_pastedImage_0.png1270986_pastedImage_1.png

Because what I see here just makes me believe this was a total mistake in your node structure  

Level 4

Since it is a part of upgrade, no other developer is familiar with reasons and structures developed in 5.6.1. Initially i thought it was a mistake and installed it in AEM 6.3 without that error causing node.

For my future development concern just want to clear the air around this error, posted the same here to know the reason if anyone can clear the exception(unknown to me).

Appreciate your efforts veena and macdonald. Thank you

Level 4

I believe the same. Will keep you posted if i find any authoring errors after installing the modified component.

Community Advisor

@CT1012 the template-a and its node sturcture clearly says its a mistake ..  hope you can figure out if something is wrong

thanks

Veena