Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content Fragment - Missing Original Renditions issue

Level 1

We're planning to fix the issues reported from the AEM Pattern Detector. One such issue is missing.original.rendition issue which occurs in content fragment. When we take a look at all the content fragments in CRX DE we find original rendition is missing for all. We think that this might be of service pack upgrade. We're currently using AEM 6.5.13 version. Please share your thoughts on clearing this bug.

For more info on this issue: 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-pattern-detection/table-of-contents/acv.h... 

Mohammed_Zackriah_0-1667906922724.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thanks @lukasz-m for the elaborate reply and highlighting AEM versions that are pre and post CFModels.

While, BPA Assessment is just an indicator of critical issues, and this can be ignored as a false positive, I still believe the customer should go ahead and clean the structure, which is not going to exist or supported by AEM in future. 
Cleaning such structures are anyway recommended as per Development Best Practices for future maintenance of Project Implementation

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Mohammed_Zackriah I am not sure why does rendition node even appear below Content Fragment. Prior to Content Fragment Models were introduced, the CF data used to reside inside renditions/original. With CF Model, the CF data is stored inside "data" node. 
-Can you please elaborate the source system from where you are migrating and precisely which version?
-Have you run any custom utility to create renditions folder inside a Content Fragment?

Ideally, the renditions folder should not be there inside Content Fragment. And BPA tool is just doing its job, where in it has found a pattern in the form of a rendition folder inside an Asset and reporting the renditions to be missing.
You will have to run a utility to clean the Rendition Folder inside all the Content Fragments

Community Advisor

Hi @Mohammed_Zackriah,

This is expected, and you can ignore this issue in context of Content Fragments. Below I will explain, why you do not need to worried but also why you can see an empty renditions folder for each CF.

First of all CF are stored in DAM and they are kept as dam:Asset type. This means they will be created as any other type of asset, and will contain some generic elements, e.g. jcr:content node is dam:AssetContent type, but also renditions folder is create. In the past (till AEM 6.5.10) CF stores content under original rendition node, like this:

simple-cf.jpg

This has changed with SP10 or higher for AEM 6.5, and CF data are not stored as a original rendition any more. This is also why original rendition is not created any more for CF. However as I already mention CF still remains to be a dam:Asset so this is why empty renditions folder is still there.

In general AssetManager api is used to create CF, it creates generic Asset structure (including renditions folder).

Here are some links to documentation:

AEM Pattern Detector seems to be very basic tool in terms of Asset analysis and it is not verifying if given asset is CF or not. It just checks if specific node is Asset an if so checks if original rendition exists, despite the fact it can not be expected for CF.

There are no any actions on your end, do not delete renditions folder from CF. Just ignore message about missing original rendition reported against CF - this is expected.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thanks @lukasz-m for the elaborate reply and highlighting AEM versions that are pre and post CFModels.

While, BPA Assessment is just an indicator of critical issues, and this can be ignored as a false positive, I still believe the customer should go ahead and clean the structure, which is not going to exist or supported by AEM in future. 
Cleaning such structures are anyway recommended as per Development Best Practices for future maintenance of Project Implementation