Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content Copy on Activate Action

Level 4

Hi Everyone,

I have a use case where content is copied on Activation.

1. I have roll out config created which will be triggered on Activation , it has contentCopy, contentUpdate & targetActivate as sync actions 

2. I have my source page created (manually)

3. I have my copy page created (manually) which will hold the cq:LiveSyncConfig with details of roll out config & master path & deep set to true (Manually Created a live relation )

Now when I activate a immediate child of Source Page, the page is copied to my destination . But when I activate the child at level 2 as shown below, it is not copied to my destination

Source Page

Child Level 1

Child Level 2

Copy Page    

Child Level 1 (Copied - But doesnt hold any mixin cq:LiveRelationship)

Child Level 2   (Not Copied)

I assume that the children are not in live sync since  (cq:LiveRelationship) mixin is missing .

Do we have any such restrictions on children, when live copy is triggered on activation?   But when I perform the same with standard roll out, it works perfectly with all the children being copied and all the children holding the cq:LiveRelationship mixin.

Please suggest me on this.

Regards,

Krishna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Krishna_C wrote...

Hi Everyone,

1. I have roll out config created which will be triggered on Activation , it has contentCopy, contentUpdate & targetActivate as sync actions 

3. I have my copy page created (manually) which will hold the cq:LiveSyncConfig with details of roll out config & master path & deep set to true (Manually Created a live relation )

Now when I activate a immediate child of Source Page, the page is copied to my destination . But when I activate the child at level 2 as shown below, it is not copied to my destination

Source Page

Child Level 1

Child Level 2

Copy Page    

Child Level 2    (Not Copied)

I assume that the children are not in live sync since  (cq:LiveRelationship) mixin is missing .

Do we have any such restrictions on children, when live copy is triggered on activation?   But when I perform the same with standard roll out, it works perfectly with all the children being copied and all the children holding the cq:LiveRelationship mixin.

Regards,

Krishna

This is a fairly large number of actions that were added to a rollout config. General recommendation is to avoid that. It's better to add additional actions in dedicated configs. Create dedicated configs for contentCopy and targetActivate. Then add the config with contentCopy but not the one with targetActivate and test the rollout. Adding targetActivate to the initial config may have caused the issue. If it still doesn't work without targetActivate and with contentCopy in its own config, added at the end, then this might be a bug. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

Krishna_C wrote...

Hi Everyone,

Source Page

Child Level 1

Child Level 2

Copy Page    

Child Level 2    (Not Copied)

Regards,

Krishna

This is a fairly large number of actions that were added to a rollout config. General recommendation is to avoid that. It's better to add additional actions in dedicated configs. Create dedicated configs for contentCopy and targetActivate. Then add the config with contentCopy but not the one with targetActivate and test the rollout. Adding targetActivate to the initial config may have caused the issue. If it still doesn't work without targetActivate and with contentCopy in its own config, added at the end, then this might be a bug. 

Level 4

Thanks Mathias.

It is working well after creating different configs one for copy and one for activate.

For both the configs I have same trigger "Activate" . Not sure why this isn't working when I have them both together

Krishna Chaithanya

Level 4

Thanks for the Suggestion Mathias.

I will create configs independently and give a try.

Thanks,

Krishna