Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Content fragment move based on property change

Level 3

Hi Team,

We have a requirement related to content fragments. Based on a checkbox selection in the content fragment, we need to copy the content fragment from Folder A to Folder B. Additionally, we need to support bulk movement: when a folder is selected and a custom button is clicked, all content fragments in that folder should be moved.

Which approach is better for this: using a workflow or an event listener? Given that the project is headless and the backend system only consumes the content fragments via API,  So i just want to know that our approach does compromise the headless concept.?

AEM version : Aem as a cloud service

Thanks

Geo

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Workflow will be the best option. From my experience event listener is sometimes missed, especially when bulk operations are performed. 

Another advantage of workflow is you can check which workflow is running, aborted, and finished. But for event listeners, you only have to check log.

And if you write your own workflow process you can trigger it from any of your backend code. I mean from any service, model, servlet.