Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Configure styles in design like paragraph elements

Level 2

In the design dialog for the out-of-the-box text component, you can configure the paragraph elements shown in full screen inplace text editing (by default h1, h2, h3) by adding more or removing some.  This overrides the list of paragraph elements defined in the cq:editConfig. 

In our custom text component that inherits from the ootb one, we configure it to also have a styles drop down in addition to a paragraph element dropdown.  Can we change the design dialog to allow this styles drop down to be configured in the design similarly with additional values? If so, what would be added to the design dialog XML  or nodes?  (I'd prefer XML, the way the nodes look when packaged, it's easier to read).

4 Replies

Level 2

I am asking about the css styles in the Touch UI's Rich Text Editor, not the style system.

It is a completely different setup and utilizes a RTE plugin.  Thank you for your attempt, though, Arun.

Level 2

No, unfortunately that document, while it contains the information necessary to customize the style list, does not include adding the styles plugin to the design dialog the way the paraformat plugin is.  Which is what my question is about.  If you see the information I need on that page, would you quote the relevant section, please?  And ideally show the XML that should be added to the exported design dialog?