Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Conf folder is part of code-package or content-package?

Level 5

Hi All,

First time I am using AEM6.4 and editable template.I have created structure and I have added header and footer on my base template.And I am using base template to creating pages.Now my question is "conf" folder will be part of "content-package" or "code-package".Because currently my "conf" folder is part of code package and I have checked in the same in repository.Now if I am authoring anything on my base template and replicating the template and after that running the code build my all the changes will be gone.Just need to check can I add conf folder part of content package.What is good approach for conf folder.

1625407_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There is no easy and general answer to that. First of all, you are not restricted to have only a code and a content package. You can easily add a "template-starter" package, exclude it from regular deployments and only deploy it on freshly installed machines. That's not a problem at all.

Next, this decision should depend on the way how you and your authors work. If a developer always pre-creates the editable templates and the authors are not supposed to change them, it's quite safe to deploy the content package which contains these template definitions. If authors are changing them, you might take over that from this specific environment and deploy it to all others (and there all local changes get lost).

Plus there are more ways how you can do it, all depending your requirements.

Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

Hi All,

Any suggestion on this.Please suggest.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There is no easy and general answer to that. First of all, you are not restricted to have only a code and a content package. You can easily add a "template-starter" package, exclude it from regular deployments and only deploy it on freshly installed machines. That's not a problem at all.

Next, this decision should depend on the way how you and your authors work. If a developer always pre-creates the editable templates and the authors are not supposed to change them, it's quite safe to deploy the content package which contains these template definitions. If authors are changing them, you might take over that from this specific environment and deploy it to all others (and there all local changes get lost).

Plus there are more ways how you can do it, all depending your requirements.

Jörg