Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Component not loading in side panel in Touch Ui

Level 2

Hi Experts!
I am facing an issue after installing SP7 on AEM 6.5 that components screen in sidepanel comes blank. Any idea on what directions i can look into. I have already checked permissions related things and even admin can't see that. Also this issue is not coming on lower env. It happens only in prod.
cc: @arunpatidar26 can you help me with above query.

TIA
Anupam Miglani

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hey All!
Thanks all for the reply , I found out the solution.
I followed this thread to invalidate and rebuild clientlib https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-6-3-rebuild-client-lib... normal rebuild Html was not working)
after rebuilding clientlib i got all component list

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @anupam_miglani 

This might be an issue with an index or some packages installed on the prod environment. Could you please try and check if some additional package/index has been installed on prod which is causing this issue.

Note: try to figure out the packages which are installed around the time you are seeing this issue in the prod

Regards,

Arpit Varshney

Community Advisor

Hey @anupam_miglani as my fellow friend @ArpitVarshney suggested, take a look if you have any custom index definition. If so, try removing it from the package and install the package again into the prod. Custom index had messed up my instance when I did the same exercise couple months ago and I was baffled as in what exactly happened.

Second: please take a look at your policy if that's not being affected.

Thanks,

Bilal.

Level 2

HI @bilal_ahmad @ArpitVarshney 
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Regarding the package installation around the time SP7 was installed there is no new package except application code that was deployed over and above that(which is uniform across envs).

Now custom index is what i am looking into , will update if i find something odd.

And regarding permissions, i don't think so that should be a problem because i validated the issue comes up even for admin users.

Regards
Anupam

Community Advisor

Hi,

Is your page is working in edit and view as publish mode?

Arun Patidar

Level 2
Hi @arunpatidar. Yes i am able to edit the page and i am also able to add components when i use editor toolbar. And my page works well in publish mode

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hey All!
Thanks all for the reply , I found out the solution.
I followed this thread to invalidate and rebuild clientlib https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-6-3-rebuild-client-lib... normal rebuild Html was not working)
after rebuilding clientlib i got all component list

Community Advisor

The SP7 have some issues and Adobe don't recommend to install this but if you need to then you'll have to install a hotfix on top of SP7.

I would suggest go for SP8.

Thanks,

Singaiah