Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Component included by using data-sly-resource in a page template not generating the included component in the content/page folder

Level 2

Page Rendering Script: homepage.html

<!--/* Banner */-->

<div data-sly-resource="${'banner' @resourceType='/apps/web/platform/components/content/banner'}"></div>

On the page  http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/home.html  I can see banner component. But when I go to /content/home/jcr:content there is no banner component found.

Once banner component is authored we can see the component on /content/home0/jcr:content

Is this the expected behavior?AEM - Questions​@

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1. you need to create a node e.g. banner under template jcr:content node i.e. /apps/web/platform/templates/page-content/jcr:content e.g.

/apps/web/platform/templates/page-content/jcr:content/banner

2. add sling:resourceType property to banner node i.e.  sling:resourceType = /apps/web/platform/components/content/banner

3. call banner component in page like

<!--/* Banner */-->

<div data-sly-resource="banner"></div>

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

It seems this is the default behaviour.

If you want to add banner in jcr:content as soon as page created.

You can add banner component in template like title component in screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 11.35.02 AM.png

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks Arun for Reply. you got my requirement exactly.

Can you please ellaborate more? I tried below statement instead of above statement.

<div data-sly-resource="${'banner' @resourceType='/apps/web/platform/components/content/banner', decorationTagName='div'}"></div>

but no output using this on homepage.html.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1. you need to create a node e.g. banner under template jcr:content node i.e. /apps/web/platform/templates/page-content/jcr:content e.g.

/apps/web/platform/templates/page-content/jcr:content/banner

2. add sling:resourceType property to banner node i.e.  sling:resourceType = /apps/web/platform/components/content/banner

3. call banner component in page like

<!--/* Banner */-->

<div data-sly-resource="banner"></div>

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 10

If you are using 6.3/6,4 - it's best practice to use editable templates and put the header/banner in the editable template, as discussed here:  Scott's Digital Community: Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 website using Editable Templates