Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Communities Migration Strategies

Level 6

Hi,

Is there any documentation about strategies for migration from an existing communities site to AEM Communities?

I mean to migrate the content and the UGC like comments. The UCG Migration tool can be taken as basis for this?

Any tips are welcome.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

There are many scenarios for what an existing site might be.

I would suggest requesting guidance for your specific situation by working through your account representative.

The UGC Migration tool is an open source tool that would allow you to customize the tool to import UGC into your AEM Community Site, once it's created.

Maybe playing with AEM Communities using the wizard or following the Getting Started with AEM Communities tutorial would generate more specific questions.

- JK

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

There are many scenarios for what an existing site might be.

I would suggest requesting guidance for your specific situation by working through your account representative.

The UGC Migration tool is an open source tool that would allow you to customize the tool to import UGC into your AEM Community Site, once it's created.

Maybe playing with AEM Communities using the wizard or following the Getting Started with AEM Communities tutorial would generate more specific questions.

- JK