Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.1 | Publish System User & Permission

Level 3

Dear AEM Community,

In AEM 6.1 we need to access to ResourceResolver in OSGi Services so we need to create system user but i dont know how we can publish the system user & permission from author to publish.

Thanks,

Thuong.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

typically you don't have the same users in the author system as you would have on the publish instance. Also, the ACL's are very different for content authors and users on the publish system.

Replication is possible for groups and users, but because of the above, it's not really used that much. In your case I'd suggest: Create system user on localhost using crx explorer, Import into maven project, then deploy to other instances.

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Here is a community artilce that talks about how to move users and permissions from one CQ instance to another. 

http://www.hsufengko.com/home/copy-users-groups-permissions-acls-between-adobe-cq-instances

Hope this helps. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

typically you don't have the same users in the author system as you would have on the publish instance. Also, the ACL's are very different for content authors and users on the publish system.

Replication is possible for groups and users, but because of the above, it's not really used that much. In your case I'd suggest: Create system user on localhost using crx explorer, Import into maven project, then deploy to other instances.

Regards,

Opkar