Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Change asset folder title in 6.1

Level 2

Users not in the administrator group aren't able to change the title property of an asset folder. Is there a know fix for this besides making everyone and admin?

Server is 6.1.0.SP1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I tried to reproduce the issue on a 6.1 SP1 CFP14 and a test user who is part of "content-authors" group is able to edit the asset folder title.

ACL in AEM is node based and not property based. So, Try creating a test group with read/edit access on the asset folder you are trying to edit and test if that works.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I tried to reproduce the issue on a 6.1 SP1 CFP14 and a test user who is part of "content-authors" group is able to edit the asset folder title.

ACL in AEM is node based and not property based. So, Try creating a test group with read/edit access on the asset folder you are trying to edit and test if that works.

Level 2

Thanks for helping me connect all the dots. The Folder Settings menu item is used to update folder titles as well as set user permissions. So I used your suggestion and gave a user group ACL read and edit permissions on the folder. Users can now edit the title on the top level folder where I set the ACL as well as the folders located inside of it.

Thanks jaideepb13!