Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Change asset folder title in 6.1

Level 2

Users not in the administrator group aren't able to change the title property of an asset folder. Is there a know fix for this besides making everyone and admin?

Server is 6.1.0.SP1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I tried to reproduce the issue on a 6.1 SP1 CFP14 and a test user who is part of "content-authors" group is able to edit the asset folder title.

ACL in AEM is node based and not property based. So, Try creating a test group with read/edit access on the asset folder you are trying to edit and test if that works.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I tried to reproduce the issue on a 6.1 SP1 CFP14 and a test user who is part of "content-authors" group is able to edit the asset folder title.

ACL in AEM is node based and not property based. So, Try creating a test group with read/edit access on the asset folder you are trying to edit and test if that works.

Level 2

Thanks for helping me connect all the dots. The Folder Settings menu item is used to update folder titles as well as set user permissions. So I used your suggestion and gave a user group ACL read and edit permissions on the folder. Users can now edit the title on the top level folder where I set the ACL as well as the folders located inside of it.

Thanks jaideepb13!